Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oops! I sat on a lizard

Posted by terilyn (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 16:25

I was at the table, got up to get a cup of coffe, when I got back there was a big lizard on my chair looking very surprised and unhappy! I don't know who was more shocked! He finally took off for the living room. I don't really like lizards, they do eat the mosquitoes though!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oops! I sat on a lizard

omg girl I am definitely laughing out loud! They do eat bugs and probably mosquito included.

o

o

Sounds like a Lounge Lizard to me.

o

LOL, that was funny and I feel the same way. I prefer lizards over mosquitoes.

o

LOL, I burst out laughing at your title! Glad it was you, though and not me. Heehee. Where do you live?

o

OMGoodness! I would freak! Like the time I had a chipmunk in my house....not a pretty sight! You must be used to them.

o

Jasdip, Houston suburb. Really used to them! Still don't care for them inside!

o

Oh - I didn't realize it was inside the house. I thought maybe you were outside! What kind was it?

o

okay, how did you get him out of the livingroom now?
Geesh, as much as I would love to live in Texas, I don't think I would be too fond of having lizards inside the house! *shudder*

o
RE:: Oops! I sat on a lizard

I'm still laughing at your heading. Wish you would have taken a pic :D

o

"Oops" is probably not the word that would have come out of my mouth! LOL

o

Terilyn, Terilyn, Terilyn!! Be kind to the lizard....they are good guys. They do not eat mosquitoes though. They do eat roaches (not insinuating you have roaches in your house either) and a lot of other bad bugs. If you are afraid to pick him up and put him out, get your husband to do it.

o

If you said "Oops", I wonder what that poor lizard said. LOL

I like lizards. We have them here in GA too. Never had one in the house though. I'm afraid our dog would kill one.

o

He is chirping away in the chimney now, safest place for him. The cat and one of the dogs chased him across the room. If he comes back out I will try and get him outside.

o

You have a lizard in your living room! That's just too funny. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a lizard except in a zoo. Well, maybe Palm Springs on holiday and I probably screamed. I live in a very rainy cooler climate - definitely no lizards of any size.

o

Oh they sneak in here all the time especially from the atrium when I leave the door cracked for my little dog to go out there and sun.
The ones here are almost clear they are cute and stay small. They hang out at night under the outside lights to catch the bugs.
I have seen some so tiny you could barely see them the size of my little finger nail and at that age they are very clear you can see inside of them.
We had the green ones in Oklahoma and the Horney Toads. I love those things I would catch them and lay them on their backs and rub their belly and it hypnotizes them they just go slack and will lay there for hours in la la land. Cats like to chase them and pull their tails off and some cats will eat them too.
I have something living in my atrium right now that makes the loudest weird sound, I can't find it though, it is either some kind of frog or lizard or katydid I guess but it scares the heck out of me when it starts that, I can hear it all over the house. I think it must live in my big giant fern or I would be able to see it.
I am hoping it is a lizard I don't mind them at all.
These are the kind around here that are almost clear they are called
(Hemidactylus turcicus). Mediterranean Geckos

o

Raven, we have those geckos too. I am wondering if they came in from plants from Florida, because I have always been interested in things like that, and we just didn't have them when I was a kid. Have you seen their eggs? They are just like tiny white chicken eggs. Well, tiny but big when you think about the size of the geckos. The other house here has been empty for about 3 or 4 years. I went in there awhile back, looking for a spider. Or spiders. I not only didn't find a spider, not a silverfish, not a roach or any other insect, but lots of geckos and egg shells.

o

Those are interesting lizards. When we used to visit our cousins in New Mexico we had to be careful not to step on a 'horny toad' - they were cute but you sure didn't want to step on one.-

Here is a link that might be useful: hhorned lizard

o

do you know that horned toads are now an endangered species here in Texas, you just don't see any.

Marilyn, I love anything that will eat roaches and other dreadful bugs, I caught one of the little ones a week ago and carried it out and set it up near the light. It must have liked the spot because I see it there a lot.

o

Oops indeed!! LOL @ "Lounge Lizard"!!

Nope, no more horned toads around Amarillo. Sis used to freak me out with those things when we were kids.

If it weren't for my cats, I might adopt a lizard or two..it's gonna be a busy bug season I'm thinking. :)

o

My Florida room is a nesting ground for Anoles. The babies are just SO CUTE - about the size of a very small cricket when they first hatch. At night, we see lots of new baby Anoles in the Florida room - I love to sit and watch them. I have the big lizards in the yard - I see them sunning on the plants, but have never had one in the house.

I just took an Anole out of the bathroom yesterday. I use a butterfly net from the Dollar Tree - works great!

o

My mother was wearing a big blousey top on time while at a flea market in Florida. And she said she kept feeling what she thought was a thread or a hair caught in her bra band, tickling her midsection.

So she discretely reached up the side to get it, and grabbed A LIZARD that was IN HER TOP!

She screamed and flung it away from herself. So much for being discrete ROFL!

Dances.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here