Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
weather

Posted by bengardening (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 16:07

We had a blizzard here in SD this morning. No travel advised schools closed or opening late. Another one on the way. How is your weather?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: weather

My computer is telling me its 85 º

right now (4:11 pm)
Sorry about your blizzard. I'd be happy to send you some sunshine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

It is 87 outside, blue skies and lots of sun, inside the AC is on and I am very comfortable. I was just out in the atrium watering the plants, lovely out.

Sorry you are experiencing a blizzard, wishing you sunny days ahead.

o

It is cool, gray clouds and drizzly. Bengardening, we will experience some results of your storm later in the week, but nothing too bad (NNY). I am more than a bit envious of Joanne and Raven. I want to be outside!

o

Mid 80's here, and and I was wearing a down coat three days ago. Now I'm in shorts and tank top. Not liking this at all. My pond water temps went from 50-60 in a day!!!!!

o

yesterday was almost 70 here in CO, today it's in the high teens, wild wind, and I'm guessing some places had blizzard snow. Not here, but all the schools were closed anyway, just in case I guess. That's the way we roll here in CO...just never know what the temps are gonna be from one day to the next...

o

30s and sleet all day here in St. Paul. We're supposed to get some snow by tomorrow but no one knows how much. Where O where is spring?? April is indeed the cruelest month here in the frozen north.

o

80 in Maryland. Went straight from winter to summer...

o

It was in the 80's here today, now it is 78, breezy though.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

presently it's 77, but tomorrow we get lucky to get 45. Of course, all tender plants need to be covered or brought inside, cause of overnight frost...

Oh the fun of living in Oklahoma! :)

Moni

o

Finally NO rain NO snow we sent it east!!, but wind is chilly. Still plenty on the ground but NO icy roads
Marie from ND

o

today clear and sunny 84 in Shreveport and NE Tex tomorrow rain wind maybe a lot of hail

o

We're 'on the edge' of the storms here north of Chicago today. DH was driving into the city this morning, but waited until a line of *nasty* wind, rain and hail passed over. I think Lake Michigan has protected us again -- worse to the south.

o

We had freezing rain almost all morning. Tree limbs and trees are down over the metro.

I am home now. Walked down to the end of the street and took pictures. Frost does look awesome on trees, budded out trees, flowering trees etc.

Will post some after a while.

Moni

o

Mid-80's in Philadelphia. freakishly warm. After today we get back to 60's and April Showers. I like it that way. I hate the heat. I want spring before summer.

o

87 here and I hate it.

o

Here in NE Michigan we have had rain, sleet and snow so far today. Then the sun came out for an hour. Clouds are back and snow is expected mixed with rain for the next 2 days.
Spring? Is it really here?

o

Now up to 88. Horrible, but at least it is not humid.

o

It is still snowing here off and on. I just heard by Sunday its supposed to be 40 and then start cooling down and we might get hit with more next week. Down in Souix Falls they got rain first and it broke a lot of tree branches off and downed power lines. There is a lot of people without electricity. They say it will take months to clean up the mess.

o

Temp has ranged from 38 to 42 with an all-day rain. Some lightening and thunder this morning.

o

It rained all evening and night and we got 2.80 inches of rain so far. Right now rain has stopped but think it is to move back in sometime today. The farmers really can use the rain. Daffodils are really blooming on my back hillside and have been for some days. Some areas got golf ball sized hail over night. I don't know if we got any kind of hail or not.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

Blizzard and "thunder snow" here in St. Paul right now!! The thunder in the midst of a blizzard is weird!

o

WE'd give anything for rain... three inches below and it's dust here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here