SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alice_sj

Issues w/ Supplimental Insurance

Alice_sj
10 years ago

I'm curious if it's just me and my luck or if pretty much everyone with more than one medical insurance has consistent problems with the companies billing correctly?

I added the second insurance at my doctor's office a few months ago, and since then, none of the billing is correct. The receptionists keep trying to get the wrong co-pays from me. Two pharmacies have messed up the billing on my prescriptions. Last month, my husband spent an hour at Target until they finally gave up and told him to take the prescriptions and they'd let their computer guy figure out what was wrong with the billing.

Now, I received bills from the medical testing company my doctor's office uses. They claim they have no way to store insurance information, so I will forever be billed by them and then have to call them and wait on hold for an operator to once again give them my secondary insurance information.

Between my husband and I, we spend about an hour per month dealing with these medical professionals not being able to bill correctly. The insurance savings doesn't seem to be worth our time loss, and if we weren't carefully checking, we would actually be paying more for the same care we got before the second insurance.

I can only imagine the headaches others face with Medicaid, Medicare, Obamacare....ugh!

This post was edited by alice_sj on Tue, Apr 15, 14 at 16:02

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor