Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowy Minnesota...

Posted by joan_mn (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 14:47

at my brother's cabin, north of Mille Lacs Lake.
Hope this all melts before we get home next week!
SIL in garage.
Snow, Aitkin, MN, 4/20/13 photo garageinside_zps86a97b22.jpg

2Snow,Aitkin,MN4/20/13 photo SnowRoysCabin_zps1575f165.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowy Minnesota...

Wow.....we had a spring almost like that many years ago, and the melt resulted in floods. It's the reason my freezer in the basement is still sitting on concrete blocks. Hope that doesn't happen to you.

o

Oh - and we're supposed to get 6 more inches or so tonight.....the winter that never ends.....

o

That's why I enjoy living south!

o

Looks horrible!

o

We're south of Deerwood, so I'm looking at the same type of landscape! I feel sorry for the snowbirds who are coming back to MN thinking they'll start their gardens and rake the yard, and see if we've had ice-out yet. Ugh!

o

Joan, give a call next time you're at the cabin! I don't live too far from Mille Lacs! And Patty, we must be practically neighbors!!! I'm on CR 8 S!!!
Small world!

o

We are two of those snowbirds, but family trumps weather. Guess we will be bundling up!

o

Peg mn, I'm on Crooked Lake/off CR 124

o

Well, I am sure no one wants a fast melt and the floods that come with it. So glad we moved to get away from the extremes of the seasons. I don't miss mosquitoes either.

o

I imagine several of you saw the "Memo?/Comment? from Madison WI" the other day ...

... where the cat was ploughing snow ... and let us know her?/his? opinion of the situation ...

... with reference to a certain groundhog.

ole joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here