SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alice_sj

Request for a Handsome Gift ...or... You Told Me So

Alice_sj
10 years ago

A couple years ago, a friend and I made a baby scrapbook for another friend. The friendship between the mom and I has cooled to one more of acquaintances. (Many of you warned me to distance myself or end the friendship when I had questions about the morality of her real estate plans.) Recently at a social gathering, the mom requested we gift her with a second album as she's pregnant with her second child.

Although I am flattered she loves the original album, I am ticked she put us on the spot and that she expects us to give another costly gift when she knows we're no longer close friends. Custom albums like what we made sell for over $500 due to materials and the time involved. Yes, the mom knows the time and cost a album requires as she is also a scrapbooker.

I am going to tell her that I do not have the time or financial means to make another album at this time. Before I do that, I am contacting the other friend to let her know I won't be making the album with her. I hate that puts a greater burden on her, but I did not say yes to the project.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations