Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Women Pay More...............

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 13:41

Anyone else see this on Anderson Cooper today?

Women are being charged more for a "Women's" product when the men are getting the same thing for less.
I might just have to buy men's products since they are almost identical.
What gets me is places like the dry cleaners, they charge men a lower price for their pants/shirts and a higher price for ladies pants/shirts just because it's for a women.

We need to start paying more attention to prices. Or ask for a price sheet an compare.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Women Pay More...............

have known for years that women pay to have a busniess suit tailored , while men get it for free! not right at all!

o

It's always been like that. A pair of jeans are cheaper for men than women. Often hair cuts are cheaper for men, even if a woman likes hers cut short.....no different than cutting a man's head.

o

Haven't you heard ...??

... man're cheaper'n women!?!?

o j

o

One thing that really gets to me also is that the quality of some fabrics on things like T shirts are so much better on mens shirts....the collared Izod type shirts are a world of difference....If I want new t shirts. I go to the mens dept and buy my T's...

o

Like the Bic pen for her - 30% more but it comes in pink!!!!
A few years back a local reporter went in with her husband to get her haircut. She requested the same cut as him, his $20, hers $45. No blow out or wash.

o

(Men're willing to wear their clothes till they fall off, not follow the latest fashion, resulting in their wearing one item only a half dozen times or so.)

o j

o

OJ, that means the men should be paying MORE since they don't buy as much as we do.

o

Wall ...

... shut ...

... mah ...

... mouth!

o j

o

My DH can get quicker and fast responses from our doctors offices than I can! When kids were in school sometimes he would have to go in and deal with things, because they ignored me;( Car mechanics respond better to men also! I could go on and on!!

It really is a man's world at times!!!

o

But......men pay more to have items replaced, while women ask questions and have them repaired.

My DH just called, said his boss replaced his whole engine when the oil sending unit went bad.....a $25 part! Yes....I'm serious.....

DH took the alternator in to 3 different places, they all told him it was bad....to replace it, ($120). I took it to an expert, he teaches automotive @ the local college.......it was just a $5 alternator belt. That fixed it.

o

Hey, guys!

Rally round the flag!

Circle the wagons!

The gals're givin' us the hot foot ... again!

o j

o

I have known that for years. My shaver is a mens, my shaving cream is mens, I buy mens golf shirts, and mens jeans for me! Savings for me. ;)

Moni... who is a "smart woman"... LOL

o

I told hubby just today that I'm going to start looking at men's jeans. Not only is ours more expensive but I go crazy finding them to fit me. No 2 jeans are the same, in the same size. The fit is always different.

o

Hi jasdip ...

... that'd be the "filled out" kind, possibly?

o j

o

Hi OJ. You men have it easy. Hubby's jeans all fit him, no matter the make. He doesn't try them on, he knows that they will fit.

But we woman go crazy trying to find the right fit in whatever size. We can have 2 different sizes and they both might fit.

We were in a store looking at some yoga pants. Simple yoga pants (track pants type pant). He held up the waist of 2 the same size. One was a good inch or two wider than the other. Geesh.

This post was edited by jasdip on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 19:58

o

I was in my local big name pharmacy and noticed the shaving cream "for her" in a pink can costs more than regular shave cream.

o

(yawn) Wah!

Well OJ, remember who winds up footing the bill for a lot of the women's overpayments. I'm reminded of the old saying a woman's work is never done.... since the invention of the television!

Tagging off to you OJ. Watch your underwear before some of the hens try putting them on!

o

But ... cynic ...

... they don't like the sound of the word "girdle" ...

... like the portable kind that I use on some o' my vintage undies (of the lower variety ... that slide, when old, unless subjected to a "hold-up")!

o j

o

"Anyone else see this on Anderson Cooper today?

Women are being charged more for a "Women's" product when the men are getting the same thing for less. "

Been that way as far back as I can remember. I am surprised AC thinks that is something new!
Haircuts, dry cleaning, clothing prices.... nothing has changed.

o

It's not some social injustice or gender bias. It's basic economics. The manufacturers/stores calculate exactly what people are willing to pay and that is what they charge. Not a penny more or nobody would buy it and they would not make any money. Men have been shown that they won't pay over a certain price for some items, while women often will.

So the fault is with the people who continue to buy overpriced stuff. There are always alternatives.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here