Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scaffolding in Hong Kong

Posted by jodi_in_so_calif (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 11:00

Bamboo is used even in today's modern world of Hong Kong. It's cheap, lightweight, easy to build and eco-friendly. Multi-story buildings under construction or renovation are surround by bamboo and covered with netting or nylon to keep debris from falling on people below. It's quite a sight.

Below are some photos I took around Hong Kong.

. photo HongKong149_2172013.jpg

photo HongKong85_2162013.jpg

. photo HongKong86_2162013.jpg

photo HongKong_BigBus89_2172013.jpg

photo HongKong_BigBus90_2172013.jpg

photo HongKong_BigBus98_2172013.jpg

photo Kowloon_BigBus17_2162013.jpg

Jodi-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scaffolding in Hong Kong

That's really interesting Jodi. TFS!!!

o

I have 2 sons and a grandson who are scaffolders....this will really interest them!

Karen UK

o

DH is in the construction trade....COOL!!!! TFS

o

Amazing!

o

Cool scaffolding. I wonder if there exists any safety codes/guidance on maximum height or member size. It is amazing what they have done with native materials.

o

Your photos have captured well. Another wonderful use of bamboo in construction.

Bamboos are strong and flexible. They were used to build bridges narrow and wide for walking one side of the river to the other. They're still up even today. It's a wonderful grass!

o

I agree. Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

o

Fascinating, they look like an art installation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here