Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chinese New Year in Hong Kong

Posted by jodi_in_so_calif (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 10:57

Near the docks in Hong Kong was an area that was still decorated for Chinese New Year. These are some photos of that area. It was very overcast while we were there so the photos were a bit washed out.

Chinese New Year photo HongKong60_Jodi_2152013.jpg

Chinese New Year photo HongKong65_2152013.jpg

Chinese New Year photo HongKong66_2152013.jpg

Chinese New Year photo HongKong64_2152013.jpg

Chinese New Year photo HongKong63_2152013.jpg

Chinese New Year photo HongKong61_2152013.jpg

Chinese New Year photo HongKong62_2152013.jpg

Jodi-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chinese New Year in Hong Kong

I love traveling the world with you and the others who post pictures here!

o

Love the pics, Jodi, especially the one with you in it and the one of the big lotus!

o

Great photos. They sure don't look washed out to me.

o

I saw the other photos that you've posted and saw a photo of chrysanthemums and kumquats. These are decorative flowers & plants for the New Year. I was wondering about what month and day you visited HK.

These photos confirmed that you were there during or after the New Year. You've captured the decorations well. They're beautiful.
Traditionally, the New Year decorations shouldn't be taken down until after the 15th of the first month according the Lunar calendar.

Thanks for sharing these.

o

Ntt_Hou ... We were in Hong Kong from Feb 15th until the 17th. In Southeast Asia (HK, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore and Beijing on our way home) until March 6th.

GeorgysMom, it was so overcast in parts of Asia that the sky looks grayish white instead of blue. To me, it gives everything an overexposed, washed out look.

Jodi-

o

Those are wonderful pictures. As I was looking at them, I started thinking about The Amazing Race! LOL This looks like somewhere they would have to find a clue!!

Thanks for sharing them.

o

I've got to start watching that show. My understanding is that they have recently aired the show from a couple places I traveled to.

o

Thanks Jodi. Normally, the first 3 days of the New Year, all businesses are closed. Looked like, you arrived a couple of days after most businesses reopened. The 2 weeks have just begun and the decorations were still up.

o

The colors make up for the overcast weather, lovely photos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here