Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In Need of Prayers (long)

Posted by sandiefl (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 10:54

This has been a rough week. Jim had a PET Scan a few weeks ago to see if the radiation got rid of the Cancer in the bone on his left side between the hip and pelvic area. We saw the Oncologist on Tuesday and it was not good. He had Cancer in the left lung, now they see something in the right lung. There is a lesion on the right side of his hip. There seems to be a mass near his kidney.He just finished treatment for a urinary infection so they want an MRI on that. The most worrisome is the spot on his right L5 on his back. They are considering doing more radiation.I feared this happening when the last Cancer was in the bone.
This morning my daughter-in-law in Missouri called at 4:30 AM and said that they were taking my son,Mike, by ambulance to the hospital in the next town. He recently had back surgery and has been in a lot of pain. He also found out last week that he had Diverticulitus(sp) so has been on medication for that. He was having bad chest pains and thought it was his heart and trouble breathing. You may remember that I have lost all of my siblings in the past year and a half to a Genetic lung disease. I am already on oxygen. I was just told that they do not think it is his heart. They think it is his stomach.They are doing more tests. I am asking for prayers for my family and for the strength to deal with all of this.I was praying that this would be a better year for all of us. So far we are doing a lot of praying and taking one day at a time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In Need of Prayers (long)

Oh my, Sandie, I'm so sorry that you are going through MUCH. You and yours certainly do have my prayers. One day, one hour at a time.

o

Prayers going up.

o

((((Sandie))))))) prayers said. . .

o

Sandie, thinking and praying!

o

There are no words to adequately express my sympathy for you and your family, but I assure you that my prayers are being sent!! I am dealing with a family crisis right now, also, but now it seems minor compared to yours! Sending a big hug and hope for a brighter tomorrow! Bettye

o

You and your entire family have my prayers.

Shirley

o

That's a lot on your plate, and I will gladly join the others in offering up prayers for you all.

o

Good thoughts are coming to your family - I am so sorry for what you are going through.

o

My prayers are being said for you and your family.

o

You have had more than the average person could even handle. My thought are certainly with you and your family.

o

you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, sandie!!!

o

May you all, through all of the difficuties, find courage, wisdom and strength sufficient for each hour and day and may the peace of God fill your hearts as you go.

Offering prayers on your behalf.

(((((Sandie and family))))))

ole joyful

o

I will remember you and your family in my special thoughts and prayers. Ditto what ole joyful so eloquently said!

o

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I feel stronger already knowing that I have the KT Prayer Warriors helping me and my family.

o

((((Sandie, you, your husband, your son, and your entire family are in my prayers.))))

o

Such hard times. ((( )))

o

Sending those prayers and yes I do know all about Pet scans, cancer returning and spreading. My prayers for the medical staff to find the best for your family

o

Prayers for all your family.

Sue

o

Sending strong, healing thoughts to you and your family. I hope for the best for all of you. This is too much for one person to deal with, but somehow you will find the strength. Thinking of you.

o

Give us this day our daily bread.Listen !!!!!!!!!!! one day at a time.

o

So much to deal with at once. Sending thoughts of healing and strength to you, Sandie.

o

My very best wishes for a good outcome for you and your loved ones.

o

That's a lot to deal with, Sandie. I'm so sorry you're going thru all this. I hope your son and DH will both be better soon. Big hugs!

o

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm taking Flamingo's hand and reaching out to..... in prayer.

Tami

o

Sending good thoughts for you and your family Sandie, from Southern California,

OM Shanti

o

Sending prayers for all of you.

o

Good thoughts and prayers are coming for your family - I am so sorry Sandie, for what you are going through.(((((Sandie)))))

o

Sandie, you have my thoughts and prayers. You have to be a very special lady to deal with all that is going on, and you will get through it...

o

Adding my prayers for you and your family.

o

Adding my prayers.

o

Just said a prayer for your entire family.

o

Prayers sent. ((Sandie and family))

o

Good thoughts coming your way here too Sandie. You've got a heavy load.

o

I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through so much. Praying for healing and strength to come your way.

o

May God keep you safe and I'll be praying for you and your family. Keep the faith.

o

Prayers for all of you--especially you, Sandi. So much on your plate right now.

o

I'm so sorry for all your travail. Do your husband's doctors offer you alternatives and explain likely outcomes?

Many times people experience stomach distress as 'chest pain'. Diverticulitis can be very painful. (I recall an aunt being on an IV while she fasted to rest her digestive system, but that was a long time ago; there are probably new treatments today.)

Something that has helped me in times of stress is to remember that now is all *anyone* really has. Don't allow concerns about tomorrow to ruin the gift of today.

o

Special healing thoughts for all.

o

Oh sandie, what crosses you are dealing with now. I will pray for you, your husband, your son, your whole family.

I can't imagine how hard all this is to deal with at one time. God bless you all.

o

Oh my dear Sandie, since I hadn't heard from you in a while, I assumed things were better for all of you.

Prayers and hugs for all of you.

Love,

Lan

o

Thank all of you again for your prayers. My son is home from the hospital.They determined that along with the Diverticulitis his esophagus was lined with ulcers.They ran a scope and stretched the esophagus. He has a pretty sore throat but is very happy to be back home.

o

My prayers for the health of your family and for strength and peace for all of you.

o

Adding my prayers for you all.

o

Sandie, that is so much for one person/family to bear. Saying a prayer and sending you a big hug.

o

((((Sandie)))) Sending prayers for you and your family.

o

Sandie, you've had a time of it. You have my thoughts & prayers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here