SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandiefl

In Need of Prayers (long)

sandiefl
11 years ago

This has been a rough week. Jim had a PET Scan a few weeks ago to see if the radiation got rid of the Cancer in the bone on his left side between the hip and pelvic area. We saw the Oncologist on Tuesday and it was not good. He had Cancer in the left lung, now they see something in the right lung. There is a lesion on the right side of his hip. There seems to be a mass near his kidney.He just finished treatment for a urinary infection so they want an MRI on that. The most worrisome is the spot on his right L5 on his back. They are considering doing more radiation.I feared this happening when the last Cancer was in the bone.
This morning my daughter-in-law in Missouri called at 4:30 AM and said that they were taking my son,Mike, by ambulance to the hospital in the next town. He recently had back surgery and has been in a lot of pain. He also found out last week that he had Diverticulitus(sp) so has been on medication for that. He was having bad chest pains and thought it was his heart and trouble breathing. You may remember that I have lost all of my siblings in the past year and a half to a Genetic lung disease. I am already on oxygen. I was just told that they do not think it is his heart. They think it is his stomach.They are doing more tests. I am asking for prayers for my family and for the strength to deal with all of this.I was praying that this would be a better year for all of us. So far we are doing a lot of praying and taking one day at a time.

Comments (46)