SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bob_cville

Box of Puppies

bob_cville
10 years ago

We got a strange call this morning. A friend who lives nearby called and left a message saying that there was a car stopped at the end of our driveway, and there were people looking in boxes that were there, and that she hoped that the people weren't going to take the box of puppies.

Um, say what again?

When my wife picked up the message 5 minutes later I went to the end of the driveway ( which is far enough that it cannot be seen from the house) and there were no cars, no people, no boxes and no puppies. So I have no idea what the message was about, or what the story is, or what happened.

All I can surmise is some irresponsible S.O.B. didn't have their B spayed, and their idea of a reasonable solution to an unplanned, unwanted litter is to put them in a box and drive them to the "country" and discard them in a ditch on a 30 degree morning. And then a second car noticed a box of puppies by the side of the road, and decided to pick them up to keep them from freezing.

Either that, or the car was dropping off the box of puppies, saw someone notice them, and picked them back up to take them to an even more remote location.

It's baffling.

Comments (17)