SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
izzie_gw

A hoarders home

izzie
14 years ago

I was at my sons (he is 19) friends home yesterday. It was bizarre. My son had mentioned that they have a lot of stuff everywhere, sort of like you see on that tv show hoarders. I waited for him in the car to go get her since I figured they would be embarrassed. I was invited in to meet family. I could only take one step in house. And they had cats and two younger siblings. My son has a light touch of Aspergers (high functioning form of Autism) and I have come to be able to recognize it in other people. They all had it, but much more prominent than my son. It was so strange and upsetting seeing these people and how they live I am still shocked. I want to speak to my son about this..not sure how to. She, my sons friend, has been at our house almost everynight for the past 2 weeks getting dinner and hanging out until 10pm when my son drives her home. I guess now I know why...Also had a bizarre conversation with mom, rather she spoke to me in front of the younger kids about how her daughter(my sons friend) is waiting on a letter from her "boyfriend" that is in jail in another state for sexting a underage girl...this is just totally creepy. I am not sure how to react, never seen anything like this.

Comments (12)