SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldfixer

Rambles from the FIXER....an update.

oldfixer
9 years ago

Good morning to the KT. Been in and out here with the usual words of wisdom. But since I startled y'all with a previous post, it's time for an update on the Fixer. Only now because the medication (treatment) created the 'waiting game' for it's attempt to do it's stuff, nothing to talk about in between. A relaxing break from all doctors too, but that picks up again next week. Still trying to focus only on cancer #3 right now.
Doc visit and Lab provided the first initial results, enough to put a weak smile on the Fixer. Blood counts are holding in an acceptable range. All but one, that is. It's a proven issue that the medication itself can lower this count. But it should eventually stabilize, more time is needed for that to occur. We're going to monitor this count more closely/frequently. If it settles down above a minimum, I may be considered a good patient. If not, then new directions will have to be determined. No need to worry about that til the time comes. Also inching back up on weight, and wouldn't complain to see another 15 lb! With this goofy thing, there is no Fixin' the Fixer. The trick is to try and minimize (perhaps halt?) progression, avoiding more serious complications, and, death.There are limited treatments available to accomplish that goal. No one uses the word 'remission'. There is no cure, and it never goes away. Maybe someday in the future. Any medical issue can change your lifestyle, you just have to live/deal with it the best way possible. I'll try to stay around as long as possible, and antagonize the KT!
A setback last week with the death of a friend and funeral. Hit me harder than expected, but happy memories are prevailing now.
Still able to keep working, and all the other necessities of daily living. Never a lack of chores, just don't always do them on time. Been on an exhaustive cleaning frenzy all month. I tend to let junk pile up where it shouldn't be. But will be having guests for 2 weeks soon, and the castle should be a little more presentable. Probably hit the kitchen & bath this weekend. Also looking for a island beach escape after guests depart. Prices are good. If warm weather appears, got to sneak in yard cleaning too. When delightful HOT weather arrives, I automatically convert into annual beach bum mode, a daily chore that takes precedence over everything. Don't wait for life, it's happening now. Thanks for lending an ear to the Fixer.

Comments (14)