SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alice_sj

How flattering...

Alice_sj
11 years ago

This morning at exactly 8 AM, I got a call from a clothing company I place an order with last night. Seems their computer goofed and my order was canceled, and they wanted to help me get my order placed. While I waited on the line, the lady typed in each individual sku number. I ordered a lot because my career demands business casual attire, not the student/house wife attire that currently fills my closet.

So, the lady starts commenting on every item. "Ooh, I like that dress!" "Ooh, that's a pretty dress too!" "I like the color you picked." "Do you like that brand?" I wanted to tell her something like "Thanks. I picked the color your company sells." and "No, can't stand that brand. That's why I am ordering from your company." I just kept saying thank you.

Then, she starts trying to up sell me. "I see the dress you ordered in pink/grey is also available in blue/orange. Would you like me to add that to your order? "Um, no. Thank you." is what I said, but I wanted to say "No! That one is ugly!" Then she inquired about the sizes I was buying. Maybe I wanted same item in more sizes or a different size. I had to explain to her that different brands fit differently. I wanted to tell her "the sizes I chose to buy are none of your business!" Again, I was polite.

Then she goes in to how much money I am saving on the two coats I ordered and how I "really know how to shop." At this point I was losing patience with all her critiquing my order. I mean, come on. I am ordering winter coats, of course they are on sale! Does this woman even really work for this clothing company? Maybe I should be her personal shopper, if the whole conversation hadn't been so annoying.

Comments (17)