Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perpetual Calendar/organizer.

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 21:46

Do any of you know of a calendar software, where you can enter daily appointments,, birthdays, anniversaries, and save them so that they will alert you continuously for years, or weeks or days, etc? I have Create a Card software now and it will work up to Windows XP,but if I update my computer beyond that, it is no longer useable. Apparently, they no longer make this program. I don't use it any more for making cards, stationary, etc. but I do love this Forget Me Not portion. I have tried Yahoo and Google calendars but am not happy with them. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perpetual Calendar/organizer.

Yes, I have had one on my computer for YEARS. Love it.

Moni

Here is a link that might be useful: the calendar I use

o

I don't use software for this. I use a write-in calendar called a-week-at-a-glance.

I add in a few sheets in front and back. On the back sheets, I record anniversaries, birthday, etc.

Inside and on the front page, I add a pocket pouch. I toss all my long range doctor and dental appointments in there as well as enter those on the calendar date. Some appointments span over the year end and will be entered in a new calendar at the appropriate time.

For this to be effective, I do have to make it a habit to look at this calendar in the morning before breakfast.

o The batteries have never run down - no batteries.

o The hard drive has never crashed - no hard drive and no moving parts.

o Withstands high and low storage temperatures.

o At the end of the year, provides a written record of activities for the year.

o Computer upgrades and change of operating system does not affect it.

o Not affected by computer failures.

o

JemDandy, I have and use one of them too. Very convenient for taking along.

But in all honesty, I love my computer one also. It comes up when I first boot the puter up, and gives audible notices, when events show up.

It's really handy, as long as you remember to put events on there.

Moni

o

I use Google Calendar, and set alarms. What do you not like about it?

You might try something like Birthday Alarm.

Here is a link that might be useful: Birthday Alarm

o

Joann, I like mine, cause in case of modem failure, it still comes on. I do not have to be online!

Moni

o

I use Birthday Alarm for yearly dates--birthdays, anniversaries etc You set how much in advance you want the information and it notifies you several times.

o

Okay, that makes sense, Moni.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here