SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Will I ever get well again?

phoggie
10 years ago

On Dec. 28, I felt a "pop" in my back going down my butt and leg...The next month, the pain grew worse...a friend of mine took me to jer chiropractor for two months, did epidurals...all for nothing as the pain grew worse!

Then one week-end when my DD was here, I lost my ability to urinate. She finally got a call through to my PCP's nurse and she said to get me to the ER immediately. After I got there, they put in a catheter and did a MRI. The ER doctor came and asked me what neurosurgeon did I want! The next day, I was to see the surgeon and he immeditely admitted me to the hospital and was put down as emergency surgery...after two days, I had lumbar back surgery at 7 pm.

Fast forward to today...The catheter caused me to have an UTI, that I have had 5 different meds and a week of injections to cure, but none of them have worked! I have such terrible, terrible pain in my thigh area!! After all of this time, I am still dragging my walker around and getting so depressed thinking this might be as good s it gets. I have had three joint replacements and they were a piece of cake compared to this! My incision has never been a problem, and I think the back itself is healing okay.

Is there anyone who has had back surgery and experienced this terrible pain in your leg? Since I can not drive yet, I have had to rely on someone to tahe me to the hospital and doctors visits. I am so tired of being in so much pain and am searching to any remedy I can find. Thanks for anymand all information.

Comments (26)