Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's what I'm babysitting!

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 19:41

Every couple years I always give my dear friend an Easter lily and it was time again this year.

She sent me a picture of it yesterday in her kitchen to show me the flowers were opening.

She ahd DH are leaving tomorrow for Boston, for a spell, so I have it at my place to enjoy until she gets home and plants it in "Glenda's lily garden" at her house.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's what I'm babysitting!

Nice, Glenda, really nice!

o

I've never had an Easter lily so I'll enjoy while friend is gone.

o

they are so pretty, I am going to get one to take to my Mother for Easter.

o

It is beautiful. Enjoy!!

o

Oh yes, very pretty but try spending a day in a greenhouse with hundreds of them. Sickeningly sweet. Nauseating really. Not to mention the pollen. LOL

Sorry Glenda, not picking on your lily but I've had my fill for this year. It was a very nice gift for your friend. :)

If you want to extend the life of the flowers you can remove the pollen.

o

moonie, I love their smell.

Friend plants the ones I have given her over the years, and they grow in our area successfully.

She calls the area that she plants them in "Glenda's lily garden"

o

nice!

o

It's beautiful! I have never been able to get mine to grow here in the desert. Enjoy!

o

We have tulips instead of Easter lilies at church on Easter Sunday because so many are allergic to the lilies.

o

glenda - I love the smell, too. Of one or two... maybe even a dozen. But we service the local churches with easter lilies and the scent of hundreds of them in an enclosed area is overpowering.

It's very touching that you gift your friend the lilies and then she plants them in a garden to enjoy yet another year. It's the gift that keeps on giving!

linda - we have had churches stop getting the lilies because as their members get older, the scent bothers them more.

o

Went into my dining room and there are 4 blooms, today!

o

Beautiful.

And ... just think ... no coming whining for feeding ... and no walkies.

Of course ... some walkies on one's own initiative wouldn't hurt.

Nice weather today - encourages one to exercise outside.

ole joyfuelled ...(without whining ... well, most of the time: but when one lives alone, whining doesn't achieve much: the mice don't listen!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here