Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why does this commercial irritate me so much?

Posted by sleeperblues (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 19:31

The AT&T ones with the little kids sitting around a classroom table with an adult who is asking questions such as "why is faster better?" Then the kids ramble on a totally kid-like answer. The over-infusion of cuteness (and fakeness) nauseates me. Am I just a crabby pants?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why does this commercial irritate me so much?

I guessed exactly which commercial you meant before
reading your post. I find it very disturbing. I just want to
slap that little kid who flaps his arms around for 10 minutes.

o

I too immediately thought of that commercial when I read your subject post. It irritates me.

o

Hilarious...when I read this title my first thought was, "As soon as I read this, I'm gonna post how much I hate all of those AT&T commercials." Only, I didn't remember who's commercials they are...I switch or mute immediately.

Terrible commercials, awful.

o

Awful, awful commercials....

o

WOW I am surprised. I am more bothered by the washing machine/dance contest ones and others that make no sense!! The one you spoke of remind me of the old Art Linkletter show "Kids say the darnedest things".

o

I don't like the AT&T either. Took me a long time to actually watch it long enough to see what they were trying to sell.

I really REALLY hate the KitKat one where they are snapping the KitKat in half and then biting it. Crunch, crunch, crunch! AUUGGGHHHH!!!!!

o

Well if you are crabby then so am I. I hate those commercials too especially the one where the little girl says "we warnt more, we want more." I want to reach in a give that girl a good slap. But I don't believe in hitting a kid. Although maybe with that one I would. LOL.

o

we should do like we did before on a sears ad...a bunch of us all complained (it was waaay back when on hgtv) and they actually pulled the ad!

o

Why does that commercial irritate you so much?....because it IS irritating!! lol! Don't like that one either plus others that really bug me too.

o

I like it~~because I am in love with the guy;)

o

I laugh every time I hear the AT&T commercial. I have known little kids that go on and on and on.

o

I hate ads with little kids acting like adults. Don't get me started on the creepy e*Trade talking baby. The AT&T ads are nothing compared to those ads!

o

As soon as a commercial comes on -- ANY commercial -- I flip the station. And if I'm flipping stations and they ALL have commercials on (that happens too frequently -- is it a conspiracy?) I'm soooo glad I have a mute button on the remote.

o

I find the Progressive Insurance commercial with Flo walking in the rain talking to a man who needs a car very irratating . Drives me nuts when it comes on and I usually either mute the television or change the channel.

o

Really, Grandmamary_ga? We LOVE that commercial!

o

I love that ad...it is about the only one I actually watch. Little kids love to be talked to and to be listened to like that...love it, love it, love it.

I turn the Kit Kat one off...I hate people chewing in my ear

o

I hate the Fiber One ad where the husband comes into the kitchen and catches his wife putting Fiber One bars on the baking sheet like she made them herself. So...Sandra's ooey gooey scrumptious bars. That man just ticks me off, and all I can think is so typical man-she is trying to help your stupid butt and all you care about is that she didn't spend a day and a half making something homemade. So not what they are aiming for.

o

I have no problem with the AT&T kids commercials. They are o.k, except the one, with the kids talking about a disco.

My adult son cracks up every, single time he hears it.
"If it was big enough you could have a disco, Oh Yeah".

He will randomly send me a txt that says, 'Disco, Oh Yeah, lol"

That one is hilarious.

o

I hate a lot of commercials, but strangely I do like the AT&T one with the little kids. They are really behaving like little kids do, saying what little kids say, and you're right; they know they're really being listened to.

Maybe I like one of the AT&T commercials because I'd love to have a cougar (or whatever he says) strapped to my back so I could go faster!

o

I don't like AT&T, but those commercials don't bug me nearly as much as Progressive (in real life, I sure hope Flo is just the opposite of what she protrays). I don't like the Sonic commericals. And Cox (a 'net provider, may not be in all areas) get the mute button....every time. If I"m not in the room, I cringe & try to tune out. Who writes this stupid irriating stuff, anyway? My youngest son (in his 40s) said even if irritating, we remember them. -- that's why they stay around. Guess that makes sense since we DO remember them......but I don't have to like them.!!! :-)

o

Kid actors in any commercial bug me. I picture their stage mamas and wonder how many times a kid was turned down for a 'role', and how many takes it took to get exactly the 'childishness' the agency wanted, while not flubbing the lines.

My most unfavorite are for the male, er, enhancement drugs. Gosh, those lech geezers with younger women -- or women of limited intellect -- dopey smiles -- one hops around a kitchen in her heels. Oh, you know what I mean. The guys all have hairpieces, and the women are dressed to the nines, but not very bright. One of these ends with a not-so-subliminal message where the product *whooshes* across the screen. ICK! (My guess is there are a lot of these pills being flushed down the toilet by wives. Maybe not?)

o

I turn on the Mute when all commercials come on and check my email on my laptop haha.

o

Most commercials irritate me, not only this one...But, I'm like yayagal, I use that good old mute button (often)......

o

I love the AT&T commercial where the boy says "strap a cheetah to her back" because the first time I saw it I told DH that it sounded like something my oldest GS would say.

DH can't stand it, but I love the "Booking Yeah" commercial.

What I really hate is finding a commercial that I really like and it catches my attention each and every time... until they start running the shortened version. Makes me nuts! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Booking Yeah

o

It's irritating because those kids are told to be Obnoxious with a capital-O.

o

Sooo tired of Flo and her Progressive ads. Same for the Geico lizard. Time for both to go away IMO.

o

I like little kids and the way they ramble and just keep talking and are soooooo involved. Kids love to be listened to.

I don't like the Flo commercial, in the rain acting like she has a chance with THAT hunk.....lol

o

I kind of like the AT&T commercials. I don't mind Flo. The one I really don't like is the one with his cats supposedly clutching his legs and his coworker thinks they're boots. Stupid.

o

I agree about the AT&T commercials. Usually I don't mind kid commercials but those are irritating. The kids seem to be showing off for the cute factor but it doesn't fly. Too much "over the top" acting...

o

I record everything and don't watch any commercials.

o

I do not like the V-8 ones where people slap each other. Haven't seen it recently, but if I do will write to the company.

o

I haven't seen the commercial you speak of because I don't watch commercials, but this post just goes to show.....there's something for everyone!

o

The Overstock.com commercial where the woman is skating around singing. (which is bearable) But, then it cuts to her serving a cake to her date sitting at the table while he looks lovingly at her singing 'oh,oh,oh' to the camera. I find it... weird.

o

Never seen the AT & T commercial...I love DVR! That's how I watch 99% of the shows I watch. Takes a lot less time and less annoyance. I do like the Geico gecco (sp?) ads though.

o

There is a perfectly disgusting commercial for heartburn where the actor's food smacks his face when he tries to take a bite.

I think it's 'the times'. Have you tried to find a non-gross birthday card lately?

o

I don't think the AT&T commercials are bad, per se, the problems lies in the fact that they play repeatedly during every commercial break.

o

Thank goodness for DVRs where you can fast forward through the commercials.

I have seen that commercial though, and it is irritating.

o

I DVR most of my shows too, so I see very few commericals, but sometimes,I just let the commericals play.
I like the AT&T commercials and although they are not as funny as they used to be, I like the Progressive ads too. I hope Flo is making some bank.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here