Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Justice for Piggy Sue

Posted by marilyn_c (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 18:58

Many of you know that I had a pet hog named Piggy Sue. I have had her about five years. She was very tame and very sweet and wouldn't bother a fly. I got her when she was a baby, and had her spayed. If you are one of my FB friends, you have seen many photos of her and some videos. She knew many words...and commands. A big baby and very much loved by me.

About a month ago, she was stolen. I knew who did it, but I didn't have proof. Finally today I found out for sure who did it...I was right. The story I got was he took her to a nearby town to sell her but when they weighed her, she escaped.

That isn't exactly the truth. I set out to find out today, and all I knew was she was somewhere that they had a scale. I went to an auction barn but was told they don't deal in hogs, but the nice man there gave me the name of someone who did buy hogs in that town, and I found out where he was and I went there.

I asked him if he had bought any hogs from the "thief" and he said yes....and I asked about one that weighed about 400+ lb. and this is what he told me. He said he knew she wasn't wild....he knew she had been raised a pet because she was so tame, but thief told him he had trapped her and she was wild. The man didn't pay for her right then because whoever buys them from him, wasn't buying them right then, so he put her in a pen. Four days later a man came by and wanted to buy her and another pig. When trying to load them, they got away, and he couldn't catch Piggy Sue and so they shot her. I told him I didn't blame him....he didn't know she was stolen, and I was glad to know she was dead because I didn't want her to suffer. He said he would co-operate with me when I file charges in a couple of days.

I am getting together some pictures I have of her and videos.
Also the thief had pics on his phone and probably posted them on his FB page. I got a couple of my friends to send him a "friend request". Hopefully they can get on there and copy the pictures and sent them to me. I will take them when I go file charges on him. I will also have restraining order put on him so he can't come within 1000 feet of my property.

If you remember Piggy Sue and would like to help, please send an email to collins.marilyn@gmail.com and in the subject line put Justice for Piggy Sue. If you remember her, you might say that she was a beloved pet and you saw her pics on the internet and maybe a couple of kind words about her. I will take the packet to the DA when I go to file charges. I will also try to file cruelty to animals against him.

I have been absolutely ill since this happened. I have had so much anger because he thinks he got away with it. When I used to pet Piggy Sue, I always said the same thing over and over to her...."Mama loves Piggy Sue. Piggy Sue is Mama's pig. You mess with Piggy Sue, you mess with Mama." No. He is not going to get away with this. Thank you if you can help. I appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Justice for Piggy Sue

oh that brings tears to my eyes! I know how much you loved Piggy Sue! I hope karma has something equally ugly in store for the thief! What a horrible person to do such a thing.
I am so sorry.

o

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this. What an @sshole. How do people steal anything, nevermind a living thing that is part of a home and is loved?

He WILL have to answer for what he's done. You can't do things like to people and animals and never have to answer for it.

I'm very sorry for your loss Marilyn, really.

o

I honesly, truely, completely do NOT understand people who do things like this. Did he REALLY think he wouldn't get caught? How can he live with himself? Did he know she was a pet?

Three words: Karma's a b(tch

o

oooh I was so PO'd I sent without saying I am sooo sorry this happened.

o

Go get him , Marilyn. I loved Piggy Sue and knew what a sweetheart she was. That scum shouldn't take up space on this earth.

o

Marilyn, I am so sorry! I have enjoyed your stories and pictures of Piggy Sue and I felt that I knew her, also. I hope the miserable thief gets his just rewards!!!

o

Marilyn: What a mean, horrible thing to do. I know how much you love your animals, and this is just despicable.

Shirley

o

Yes, he absolutely knew she was a pet and he knew she was my pet.

o

Marilyn - I certainly remember the photos you posted here about Piggy Sue. What a despicable, horrid man. I do hope he gets the most severe punishment that the D.A. can give him. I'm so sorry this happened.

o

I feel so bad about what happened to Piggy Sue, she was such a sweet girl. I hope he pays for what he has done!

Sue

o

I'm o sorry to hear about Piggy Sue We loved her. The only thing good about this is now she is not afraid anymore I know she still feels your love

Minnie

o

OMG!!! I am so sorry to hear Peggy Sue is gone. I can't believe
how mean people can be. I remember when you first got her and
telling us here you named her Peggy Sue. I hope he is held
responsible for his actions!!

o

I am so sorry that you lost your pet. I do hope the person gets what he deserves. People can really be mean.
Marie

o

Marilyn, as I posted on FB, this breaks my heart for both you and Piggy Sue.She was more than a pet, she was your family. Pigs are smart creatures and I bet she knows she was loved and cherished.

Go after this b*stard.

o

Oh, this is so sad. I am sorry for your loss, Marilyn. RIP, Piggy Sue. You were loved.

I wish horrible things on the b@stard who stole her. I hope his balls shrivel up and fall off. There!

o

I'm glad you found out what really happened, Marilyn and I hope that guy pays for what he's done in more ways than one. Arrogant glassbowl. He messed with the wrong person, I know that.

Great detective work, Marilyn. I hope knowing what happened gives you a little peace.

o

Sure hope justice is done!

o

I am so sorry, Marilyn. Wish I could send an email....but until I get this MAC straightened out...it will not send. Special thoughts going your way....that you can successfully 'get' that guy and I am so sorry for your loss.

o

just sent an email...it's just not right...my cousin has her piggy and a pal used to add hers in the family christmas picture...

o

awwww geez Marilyn-I am so very sorry that you are going thru this and what Piggy went thru as well-you already know how I too,am about pigs----he'll get his-I am sure of it

o

This angers me no end. I loved your Piggy Sue and all of the pictures you would post of her and the stories you would tell about her. I heard your voice talking to her. I heard that love in your voice for Piggy Sue. I will gladly send you an email, and Marilyn, go get him for all you can. That scumbag would probably steal a child too, if he thought he could get away with it. Does he not realize that our four legged kids are just like children to us....they are family. I am just soooo sorry all of this happened to you and Piggy Sue.

o

This is so sad. The guy who stole her is a horrible creep and I hope he gets exactly what he deserves. And I don't understand why the person who bought Piggy Sue decided to shoot her just because she was running away. It is depressing how many mean, cruel people there are in the world.

o

Marilyn, I am so sorry to hear about Piggy Sue. I loved your posts about her and your love and affection for her was so evident. She was beautiful. I hope and pray you get the justice you so deserve.

o

What???

This is beyond infuriating to me, and she wasn't even my pet. I can't imagine what you're going through.

((((Marilyn))))

o

Sent!!!

I am so sorry to hear it! I sure hope there IS Justice for Piggy!

o

I don't fault the man who shot her. It isn't something I would have done, but he is in the business of buying and selling pigs. His place is very large, and when she got out, there was no way to catch her again. (Well, I probably could have, but I didn't know where to find her....she has been gone about a month). He was extremely nice to me and offered to help when I file charges. I would rather she be shot dead than sold to be treated no telling how. Due to her large size, she was a curiosity and a lot of people would have liked to have shot her and bragged about it. Or, worse, set a pack of dogs on her and let them kill her. That's how it is done around here. :( Piggy Sue thought she had gotten free....I hope she died quickly, and I hope her freedom was still on her mind.

Speaking of which....the guy who trapped her....took pictures. I felt sure he would post them on his FB page, and it was set to private. So I got one of my friends..to "friend" him. Connie (ND) sent me a message this morning that she (Rhonda) had gotten in. So I am very hopeful that she did. Rhonda, if you see this, please contact me so I can "friend" you again. I "unfriended" her so he wouldn't see my name on her list of friends. He would never think that I have friends all over the country and several foreign countries, and the reason I do, is because of my love for animals and my pets, like Piggy Sue.

o

I just sent an email to collins.marilyn@gmail.com and added the comment that I had seen many photos of PiggySue and even I was attached to the sweet hog.

o

I am so sorry. I am sending you (((Marilyn and piggysue))) many hugs!!!! I hope it all turns out right for you.

o

Oh gosh, Marilyn, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. What a sonofagun that guy is--I hope you get him good.

o

OMG,I'm so sad for you, Marilyn! You deserve an award for your perseverance in this. I hope that creep goes to jail!

o

I just sent my email, Marilyn. I'm so sorry about what happened.

o

I am so sorry for you and Piggy Sue. What a beautiful girl.
I hope the thief gets what he deserves.

o

I just emailed you with tears in my eyes. Damn that thief.

Donna

o

Done. Just emailed you.

o

I'm so sorry for you and Piggy Sue. This makes me so sad. Since I've started doing animal rescue, I have really come to dislike some people. I hope you get justice for you and Piggy Sue and he pays big time.

o

When the tears leave my eyes, I will certainly sent that email!
Eileen

o

Where do these kind of people (the thief) come from? I truly do not understand how people do these kinds of things. I'm so sorry for your loss Marilyn!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here