SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

Justice for Piggy Sue

marilyn_c
11 years ago

Many of you know that I had a pet hog named Piggy Sue. I have had her about five years. She was very tame and very sweet and wouldn't bother a fly. I got her when she was a baby, and had her spayed. If you are one of my FB friends, you have seen many photos of her and some videos. She knew many words...and commands. A big baby and very much loved by me.

About a month ago, she was stolen. I knew who did it, but I didn't have proof. Finally today I found out for sure who did it...I was right. The story I got was he took her to a nearby town to sell her but when they weighed her, she escaped.

That isn't exactly the truth. I set out to find out today, and all I knew was she was somewhere that they had a scale. I went to an auction barn but was told they don't deal in hogs, but the nice man there gave me the name of someone who did buy hogs in that town, and I found out where he was and I went there.

I asked him if he had bought any hogs from the "thief" and he said yes....and I asked about one that weighed about 400+ lb. and this is what he told me. He said he knew she wasn't wild....he knew she had been raised a pet because she was so tame, but thief told him he had trapped her and she was wild. The man didn't pay for her right then because whoever buys them from him, wasn't buying them right then, so he put her in a pen. Four days later a man came by and wanted to buy her and another pig. When trying to load them, they got away, and he couldn't catch Piggy Sue and so they shot her. I told him I didn't blame him....he didn't know she was stolen, and I was glad to know she was dead because I didn't want her to suffer. He said he would co-operate with me when I file charges in a couple of days.

I am getting together some pictures I have of her and videos.
Also the thief had pics on his phone and probably posted them on his FB page. I got a couple of my friends to send him a "friend request". Hopefully they can get on there and copy the pictures and sent them to me. I will take them when I go file charges on him. I will also have restraining order put on him so he can't come within 1000 feet of my property.

If you remember Piggy Sue and would like to help, please send an email to collins.marilyn@gmail.com and in the subject line put Justice for Piggy Sue. If you remember her, you might say that she was a beloved pet and you saw her pics on the internet and maybe a couple of kind words about her. I will take the packet to the DA when I go to file charges. I will also try to file cruelty to animals against him.

I have been absolutely ill since this happened. I have had so much anger because he thinks he got away with it. When I used to pet Piggy Sue, I always said the same thing over and over to her...."Mama loves Piggy Sue. Piggy Sue is Mama's pig. You mess with Piggy Sue, you mess with Mama." No. He is not going to get away with this. Thank you if you can help. I appreciate it.

Comments (37)