Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finding photos online ~ for my home

Posted by toni_ne (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 18:40

Does anyone know how I can find photos that I can download and use for canvas print? It's a livingsocial deal. They do ask for copyrights or a least that "I" own the copyright. I have plenty of photos but not the kind I would like on 20X30 canvas.

I'm leaning towards four seasons scenery of trees. OR Trees and birds. Colorful and serene. I have one picture I downloaded that I love, but I didn't take it and I don't know who did. Even though I don't plan to sell anything, I can't say I own that picture so there it sits on my pc.

I want to get these pictures ordered for our livingroom walls asap. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finding photos online ~ for my home

I don't know how you go about doing that.I just use my own garden/flower pictures and blow them up.

Maybe you could go back thru old post of "I'll show you mine" and if you find something you like maybe get permission from whoever posted it to make a larger copy.

There are some beauties there.
Kathi

o

i don't know what livingsocial is, but I do know you'd need a very large image file to print to 20x30.

o

Find something on photobucket, webshots or FLICKR and pay the owner a small fee.....and...I like my blown up art signed...

American Furniture Warehouse has taken local artists work and put them on canvas for VERY reasonable prices.....http:/ www.afwonline.com

Here is a link that might be useful: AFW

o

You can find beautiful photos at Fotalia for a small sum, and it's legally and ethically ok to get a print made.

o

do a Google search for four seasons photography for sale, you will find several options, also search etsy they have websites by artists and photographers.

Here is a link that might be useful: four seasons

o

you want to find photos that are public domain. Google Public domain photos. I just did, and there are PLENTY!

o

Great ideas! Thank you so much. Been busy, finally getting our living room back together after the floors were put in 4 months ago. So behind. I'll be using all these ideas soon!

o

toni,
If you do look through the "I'll show you mine" postings, and you spot one of mine that you love, and if it is one that is high enough resolution to be worth blowing up, contact me and I'll likely be willing to send you a high-res version. If it is one of the Fox Hunting photos, I might ask for a donation to the hunt club.

o

Ditto what Bob said ... same goes for me Toni.

o

My niece sells her photos online through her online Etsy store- some have been featured in magazines and purchased by Hollywood producers. LOL I am not suggesting you buy them, I just wanted to show you some of her nature pictures. I believe her photos are copywrited.

Here is a link that might be useful: Urban Pink Photography

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here