SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19778634

I think I've seen it all now!

User
10 years ago

Did anyone watch Dr Phil the other day? The one about the Furrys? What has the world come to????? Boomer the dog, a 48 yr old virgin male has never had a date, eats dog food in a dog dish on the floor, barks and ties up his hair into ears!
Unbelievable! If this is what the world had come to I want out.

Here is a video if you care to watch

Here is a link that might be useful: Boomer the dog

Comments (6)

• Elmer J Fudd
    10 years ago

Nah, this isn't a sign of the world coming to anything in particular.

I'm no expert but this puppy's got at least a few loose screws. If you think of it as mental illness, or one or more personality disorders, or whatever, you've probably got it covered. If you want to see more people like this, go hang around your community's homeless shelters.

Have you ever seen anyone walking down the street talking or shouting loudly to himself in a Tourette's kind of way? This guy's the same, he just barks instead ;-)

• kayjones
    10 years ago

Have you ever seen a grown man attend a formal military wedding dressed as a FOX?! It happened at my son's wedding. Some people just like the shock factor of being weird.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

I wish he would stop having people on who are obviously seriously mentally ill and then make fun of them. I'm ashamed of him when his shows are so overtly sensational, with zero positive meaning.

I rarely watch this guy anymore....he does little to resolve problems and comes across, to me, as icky.

I watched the show today. This dog man seemed like a sweet soul, harmless, and lost. Bless his parents for setting him up with a trust fund and his own home. Phil the shill clearly found him repugnant and the man did not deserve that kind of treatment.

I have often felt like Phil and his staff do more harm than good, other than sending the drug addicts off for several months of high end rehab.

• frogged
    10 years ago

I find it hard to wrap my mind around this behavior but when I stop to think about the problems of this world I would love a million of these guy's (harmless odd) vs the pedophiles or others who are bent on harm or Even those who's political religious views set them up to judge and persecute people.

• joyfulguy
    10 years ago

Don't jump to such conclusions too quickly, please, Joann ... for you still have quite a few days to live, no doubt ... and who knows what may show up on one of those morrows?

Too bad we have closed down so many of the residential places where people on the margins of mental capacity were able to live decent lives, and now many of them inhabit the street? Or the jails - which are so much more costly than the costs of the institutions or group homes for the mentally marginally capable.

ole joyfuelled ... who's thankful for (a reasonable level of) mental and emotional stability

• mare_wbpa
    10 years ago

I agree with rhizo. I watched Phil's show a time or 2 when it 1st came on(I don't even like to refer to him as Dr.). I think he'll put anything on that he and his staff think will bring good ratings. IMHO he exploits suffering and ignorance. Boomer is obviously disturbed.