Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Touched By An Angel' fans, I need help!

Posted by rosemaryt (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 08 at 17:21

In the fourth season of TBAA, there's an episode named, "Redeeming Love" about Monica saving a girl who's addicted to crack. At the end of the show, the girl goes through severe withdrawal and Monica prays with her and the girl is surrounded by a crowd of angels and there's the most beautiful song playing the background.

I've searched and searched for the name of that song, but can not find it. I'd love to buy the song if I could find it done by the artists who perform it in the show.

Any ideas what song that is? I've checked out the TBA website and googled the episode but can't find the song. I think it's an old hymn. Any ideas?

Rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Touched By An Angel' fans, I need help!

Here's a the link to the episodes by season. Hope this makes it easier to find the music, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Touched by an Angel

o

Hi Cate; Yes, I've been to that website many times but there's no mention of the music. That's where I found the episode's title.

Rose

o

Are there any words?

o

Do you remember any words that were in the song? Sometimes you can search by a few words and the word lyrics to get the title.......
Also, since they started showing Touched By An Angel from the beginning on the Hallmark channel in January, they will get to that show again, I think in about 5 weeks........
Angela

o

Check out this link about two thirds the way down. Maybe it is here.

Here is a link that might be useful: TBAA music

o

here's a link too, this has a sampling of music that you can listen to and see if one of them might be the song you are looking for.

scroll down almost to the middle. maybe start with "somebody's out there watching".

good luck!
maryanne

Here is a link that might be useful: TBAA music

o

"God is my Redeemer, Redeeming Love" is the title, according to that internet resource posted by LaurieMi. Thank you SO much for that link! The link includes a compilation of all the songs used in the TV show. I was giving up hope of ever finding a trace of that song! Seems I'm not the only one interested in that song. Here's what the website said about it:

"That's the million dollar question. People have even emailed *me* about how to get this. This song is begun by Monica and then taken up by the angelic choir. However, numerous internet searches through the years have turned up no source. I had heard at one point that Martha Williamson heard this song at a church and asked to use it on the show. My guess is it was written by someone at that church and never put on CD. If you have leads, please lemme know!"

It truly is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard and at least now I know, it's just not that easy to find.

Rose Thornton

o
Lyrics

I should would love to have a copy of this song. I watched the episode again and transcribed the lyrics. I'm hoping someone may recognize them. Here they are:

God is my redeemer. Oh, and he heals me with reassuring love. And I love my redeemer. Overwhelming, overcoming, redeeming love.

My heart soars like an eagle in the presence of the Lord, as I sit at the throne of God and behold his glory and I behold the living creatures singing holy, holy, holy and I see a host of angels bring glory to the Lord and multitudes of angels rejoicing in His presence and I'm coming home and I'm coming home.

Oh God is my redeemer. And he heals me with reassuring love. And I love my redeemer. Overwhelming, overcoming, redeeming love.

o

Rosemary...I emailed the lady of that site where you got the lyrics and she sent this back to me...

so maybe that'll lead you to the song!

Here is a link that might be useful: song

o

For anyone who is interested, I have extracted the sound track from the TBAA DVD. It has the dialogue from the episode but at least it has the wonderful music.

I'll happily share a copy of the MP3 to anyone who e-mails me - put TBBA in the message header.

It'll do until the real thing is released by the producers.

o
Roger Thrower - Original Artist

The original of this song is available from the link below - although the original doesn't measure up to the TBAA version (sorry Roger).

Here is a link that might be useful: Glory Communications International

o

elricuk: I can not figure out how to email you???? Could you help me???

Rob

o

elricuk:

Would you Please e-mail me the mp3....

at xwprincess@hotmail.com

Thank You...Robyn

o

Hey Elricuk,
Can you please email that MP3 to legendary_lucas@hotmail.com ? Thanks!
Lucas

o

Be careful - you are pirating music!

o

iowagirl2006 is perfectly correct of course but I'll send this mp3 to anyone who asks - free. I know that there is a select audience here who have been touched by the wonderful music as I was. I can't remember when I last cried so hard on hearing this music and seeing the images on DVD.

o

elricuk:

Would you please e-mail me the mp3....Thank You so much...

xwprincess_1961@yahoo.com

Robyn

o

Thanks for bumping this. I wish we could hear back from Elricuk again.

Rose

o

Hi everyone!

I was searching so looong for that song, but without success. It is truly one of the most beautiful songs I have ever
heard. You must see the episode, the images at the end and hear the song. Can someone send me this MP3? My email is pdrazen@gmx.at

Best regards!

Drazen

o

I'm so glad to have found this forum & topic.
There's a song from TBAA that I've been trying to find out for a couple of years.

I only have a few lines from the song. I can't even remember the episode name...sorry.
I just recall them all being by a mountain & something to do with cremated ashes.

Here's some of the words.

"I was waiting..."

"I can rest my wings
so I grow abit restless, impatience slowing me down.

I could rest....
that's where I'll be"

I'd love to know the name of this song.
I've looked through the links provided here & can't find it.

TIA

o

Duh...please ignore my request. I just realized the song was from Ghost Whisperer.

o

Here by the Window ~*~
Miranda Lee Richards

It was here by the window
I saw the truth outside today
Beyond the walls that kept on closing
The ones that took my breath away.

So I go uncovered
Yeah I step out in the rain
Cause I was waiting for life to happen
Instead of living it each day...

Way up on the shelf I can rest my wings,
and that's where you'll find me
I cannot explain, so much higher than me
And that's where I'll be
uh huh.

So I grow a bit restless
Mama Patience is slowing me down
I put to rest old habits
And I awaken what sleeps Ive been waiting round...

Way up on this the shelf I can rest my wings,
and that's where you'll find me
Out of harms way, so much higher than me
And that's where I'll be
uh huh

Yeah I wanna shine shine shine
Ooh I wanna shine shine shine
I'm gonna learn how to fly
Oh, learn how to fly

Here is a link that might be useful: Miranda Lee Richards

o

Well, a year later and I'm still looking for this song. However, I did find this on youtube. Which I knew how to save it on my computer.

See link below to hear the song.

Here is a link that might be useful: nice song

o

I think this song is "God is my redeemer", from "Roger Thrower". You can listen to a part of it at http://toglory.com/Audio_Files/mp3_gimr/god_redeemer.mp3

o

The song you want was written by Roger Thrower. Title is God is My Redeemer.
He has written other songs that are just as good. Hope this helps.

o

My niece, Susan Conner, was the soloist on that episode of Touched By an Angel.

God changed her life as she was addicted to drugs herself at one point. She is a accomplished soloist.
Here are the lyrics.
w/m Roger Thrower CCLI# 1412933

CHORUS
GOD IS MY REDEEMER
AND HE HEALS ME WITH REASSURING LOVE
AND I LOVE MY REDEEMER
OVERWHELMING, OVERCOMING, REDEEMING LOVE

VERSE
MY HEART SOARS LIKE AN EAGLE IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD
AS I CIRCLE THE THRONE OF GOD AND BEHOLD HIS GLORY
AND I BEHOLD THE LIVING CREATURES
SINGING HOLY, HOLY, HOLY
AND I SEE THE TWENTY FOUR ELDERS
BRINGING GLORY TO THE LAMB
AND THE MULTITUDES OF ANGELS REJOICING IN HIS PRESENCE
AND I CALL IT HOME!

CHORUS

VERSE
MY EYES HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHNG LIKE THE BEAUTY OF THE LORD
AS I LIFT UP MY HEART IN PRAISE, I FALL DOWN
AND WAVES AND WAVES OF GLORY
COME AND OVERTAKE ME
AND I�M IMMERSED IN THE OCEAN
OF THE LIVING LOVE OF GOD
THEN SUDDENLY I�M FLOODED WITH THE GLORY OF HIS PRESENCE
AND I CALL IT HOME!

CHORUS

o

Not sure that my post went through. It has been a long time since I came onto Garden Web so not sure if I sent this right.
My niece was the soloist for that episode and sang "God is My Redeemer"....
She actually went to the church with the Producer and sang it in a service.....thus being asked to record it for that particular episode of TBAA...

o

I went to Itunes a few years ago and purchased the Roger Thrower version of the song.

I still listen to the youtube version (from 'Touched by an Angel') on a regular basis. It's one of the most beautiful moments that has ever graced the televised world. I've linked it below.

Interesting to see this thread bumped up again after four years. :)

BTW, couldn't link it below, so I'll link it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4kaQzaQgpw

o

If these shows are going to be rerun starting in January will someone please let us know in advance when this episode will be on TYIA

o

What a wonderful outpouring of support shown right here.
I am so happy for all of you.

o

HERE is the lyrics to the song for you: its by
Roger Thrower called 'God is my Redeemer'

CHORUS
GOD IS MY REDEEMER
AND HE HEALS ME WITH REASSURING LOVE
AND I LOVE MY REDEEMER
OVERWHELMING, OVERCOMING, REDEEMING LOVE

VERSE
MY HEART SOARS LIKE AN EAGLE IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD
AS I CIRCLE THE THRONE OF GOD AND BEHOLD HIS GLORY
AND I BEHOLD THE LIVING CREATURES
SINGING HOLY, HOLY, HOLY
AND I SEE THE TWENTY FOUR ELDERS
BRINGING GLORY TO THE LAMB
AND THE MULTITUDES OF ANGELS REJOICING IN HIS PRESENCE
AND I CALL IT HOME!

CHORUS

VERSE
MY EYES HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHNG LIKE THE BEAUTY OF THE LORD
AS I LIFT UP MY HEART IN PRAISE, I FALL DOWN
AND WAVES AND WAVES OF GLORY
COME AND OVERTAKE ME
AND I’M IMMERSED IN THE OCEAN
OF THE LIVING LOVE OF GOD
THEN SUDDENLY I’M FLOODED WITH THE GLORY OF HIS PRESENCE
AND I CALL IT HOME!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://rogerthrower.com/2008/08/14/god-is-my-redeemer/

o

I really like this show. I wish they could produce show like TBAA once more but I hardly find it now. TBAA is the only show I saw that's very inspiring and captivating. Whenever I watched a single episode, it gives a very pleasant feeling because my faith for God grows more further and also I really do believe that angels really do exist like what this show implies to all of us. They are all here and walk beside us to guide and protect us against all evil doings. I will never forget my fave episode which is the "Wind Beneath My Wings" it's all about the mother and daughter relationship. I won't spoil anymore but I still watch this show until now and so thankful I saw an online shop that sold me this with the complete episodes out of the 9 Seasons which yourdvdcorner.com. Very pleased with my DVD set because it let relive every wonderful moments of this touching and very inspirational show once more. By the way, that song you have mentioned above has been sang by our church choir. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here