Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Monday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 17:14

We got a little rain today, but not much. Supposed to get more a little later this week. Got some laundry done including our sheets, which I need to get back on the bed. I hate folding sheets, so I just use the same ones every week.

Tonight we're having leftover colcannon, carrots, and smoked sausage. Cinnamon apples on the side.

Hope you've had a good day--what's for dinner at your house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Monday?

Wasn't feeling great yesterday, so didn't do an "Irish" dinner. Decided I would made Shepard's Pie today, well technically Cottage Pie since I used ground beef, instead of lamb. In the oven right now and smells delish!!

o

It's so dreary here outside and has been. Freezing rain that turned to reg hard rains mid afternoon. Weather guy said not to look for sunshine for most of the rest of this week. Happy Spring.

I fixed Walmart brand battered fish fillets tonight, along with a sweet potato and peas.

Shirley

o

Left overs tonight.....Corned Beef,Cabbage,Boiled Potatoes
and carrots.

o

Breakfast for supper for me. Scrambled egg sandwich with Swiss cheese, grape tomatoes and applesauce. Iced tea to drink.

Sue

o

We had pork cordon bleu and twice stuffed potatoes. We are expecting 4 to 6 inches of snow to welcome spring!

o

Teresa, I'd never heard of Cottage pie until I met Harry. It figures since he worked for the school system and ate in the cafeteria :-) I didn't know what I was missing! Is it ever good!! Glad you feel better today.

Shirley, is it too late for me to come for dinner. That sounds so good.

Clubm, it never gets old though, does it? Guess it's because we don't eat it weekly or monthly that it tastes so good. Since my CB was leftover I just have enough for dinner tonight, so the smoked sausage can wait for tomorrow. I will be making colcannon more often during the year though. Really liked that stuff!

Your dinner sounds good, too, Sue. Sure would like that sandwich!!

Aw, Pam--I sure hope the weatherman is wrong. Your delicious dinner should keep you warm and happy, though.

o

I made a pan of manicotti. For dessert I made a espresso cho-chip angel food cake. Bad rain storms all day so it was a good day to cook.

o

Yoga tonight~~~DH will call in a take out order from a Thai place we are trying out;) We both are having Pad Thai, mine with fried tofu, his with chicken~~yum!

o

Still enjoying the sunny South. It's just starting to drizzle here now. We went out for dinner....surprise, surprise. Actually, it's only the fourth time we've been out for dinner. I wasn't very hungry so just had a hamburger. Last week I didn't have internet service. We were at the Disney resort in Vero Beach. Very, very nice but they wanted $30.00 to connect to the internet. I said no way. I wouldn't mind $5.00 or $10.00 but $30.00? Here it's free.

o

I was planning on making a meat loaf but my sister in law sent over a plate of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. She had planned on inviting me for dinner yesterday but I was going out to a St Paddy's day party so she saved me some food.

I will still have to make the meatloaf tonight since I already thawed the meat to have for the rest of the week.

o

Leftover corned beef, balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts and a spinach & pear salad. Maybe Greek yogurt with strawberries & blueberries for dessert. I'm tired tonight & am making our yogurt for the week, so I went with something really easy.

o

Mary, you cake sounds yummy! Want to send some cake and rain down this way. Could use both!!

Yoga_Lady, I sure wish we had a Thai place that had take-out around here. In fact, I'm not even sure we have a Thai restaurant here, but we sure have a ton of Chinese buffets!

Georgysmom--good to hear from you! Hope you're having a good time. Disney will squeeze every living nickel out of you, given the chance!

Cherryfizz, that was sure nice of your sister to save you a plate. Now you get an extra day out of your meatloaf. Enjoy both!

Kittiemom, I'm so impressed you make your own yogurt! Harry just recently discovered how good it is with fresh fruit in it and has plain Greek yogurt every day for lunch now.

o

Didn't feel much like cooking...so I made my version of the old beef stew.
Just browned some sirloin strips in my trusty wok, with onions, mushrooms and carrots. splashed a little Worcestershire sauce, added some cold water and simmered it while the cut up small red skinned potatoes and broccoli shared the steamer.

Fast and easy.

o

Just got back from the Houston meet up and a great meal at Strata, I had shrimp and grits it was yummy.

Great time spent with great people so happy to see everyone again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here