On my bucket list

Posted by kathsgrdn (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 17:06

Crater Lake, Oregon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crater Lake

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On my bucket list

Hoping to fulfill my bucket list with a fall foilage in America's great western national parks trip, this fall.

o

It is awesome.

One of my first feelings of both awe and fear took place at Crater Lake. We went there when I was 8 years old. I found myself mesmerized by the glass-like water and I feared I would jump off the cliff to break the stillness. I have somewhere of me standing on the cliff that day.

Jodi-

o

Don't blame you for that bucket entry, it's gorgeous! I imagine Oregon is a beautiful state.

o

I lived in Beaverton, Oregon many years ago - indeed, the whole state is breath-taking! Flora and fauna take your mind off any troubles you might have - it is where I wanted to retire, but it wasn't to be.

o

DH and I went there a few years back~~~it just almost looked fake to me. It is so beautiful~~~we went in the summer and stayed in Shady Cove, off the Rogue River. One of our nicer trips, fun trips!

o

I love Crater Lake.....fond memories of my grandpa taking us there in 1952.
Roy and I have been there several times and on my bucket list is to stay in the lodge there one day.
Oregon is a beautiful state....love traveling there.

o

I have been to Crater Lake 3 or 4 times. It is just beautiful. If you drive out there, be sure to go to Gold Beach and take the mail boat ride up the Rogue River. Make reservations ahead of time for the mail boat. I like the boat ride that stops for lunch at a cafe along the river before returning to Gold Beach. You will see amazing wild life. Egrets, Bald Eagles, deer and I can't remember what else. It has been about 20 years since my last boat ride.

o

I've wanted to go ever since I was a kid and saw a picture in one of my dad's books. I lived in NV for years and never went. The kids and I are going back to NV this summer and I hope to drive there in a round about way.

o

It be pretty! But it has been a really LOOOONG times since I've been there.

o

Apology, thought we were adding our bucket list :o)

o

Linda we went to Gold Beach on our way to Crater
Lake and went on the Mail Boat~~~It is a MUST DO for sure. So fun! We ate at the chicken place it was so fun.

Carol I tried to get a room at the lodge at Crater Lake when we went but it was booked~~~I was kinda glad I did not, it seemed so isolated out there it made me feel uneasy~~but that is just me I get creeped out easy.

o

I've been to Oregon 3 times. I had a cousin in Portland who passed away last December.

My recommended Oregon locations for your Bucket List.

1. Crater Lake

2. Columbia River gorge east of Portland where the waterfalls are - south side of the river.

3. Mt. St. Helens
--When you arrive at the visitor's center, first, take in the slide show in the main auditorium.

4. Oregon ocean beaches.

There are many other interesting places such as mt. Hood, Mt. Ranier and the power dam on the Columbia,, but the ones in the list above I consider top attractions.

o

I have so many on my list, told DH to take my ashes and scatter them in all of my places.

o

Kayjones--I went to Beaverton High! As beautiful as Oregon is, I can't take the continuous cloudy skies anymore. High summer is very nice though.

o

Where exactly are you going Glenda? Another on my list is to drive down both coasts someday.

o

We did all those things including our move here to Southern Or,and including the desire to not stay around for the long long wet season. Just wanted to say " say hi when you are in Medford...maybe we can do dinner or lunch".we do love it here when the sun shines!

o

We did all those things including our move here to Southern Or,and including the desire to not stay around for the long long wet season. Just wanted to say " say hi when you are in Medford...maybe we can do dinner or lunch".we do love it here when the sun shines!

o

Nanny98, Medford looks too far West for this trip. Thanks for the invite, though. We'll probably be going from Idaho into Oregon and then down into Nevada.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here