SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

An update on the "Collins" search; SUCCESS

caroline94535
10 years ago

Thanks to the helpful folks here, OldFixer's persistent probing, the People Search site, and various computer searches that have been taking up most/all of my spare time...

The search for the "Collins" side of my family is paying off big-time. Basil Odell Collins was my father. I started out with his name and birthdate from my birth certificate, the area of Howell Cty., Mo. where he was born, and the knowledge I had one older brother, name unknown.

I have just finished a long conversation with my oldest brother, William, and his wife, Glenda. They gave me current numbers for the other three brothers...and...Drum Roll Please...

...a sister I did not know I had. Her name is Millie. Basil (my father) and (June) her mother. never married, but she grew up in the same area and with most of my father's family and was included in family events. I...have...a...sister!

William was born before me; I'm not sure about Millie, yet. Rocky, Tony, and Jeff are all much younger than me. Tony, the youngest, is 38.

My father died in 1992; all of his eight or so siblings have all passed, too; but Glenda (my SIL!) gave me a wealth of names, mapped out how they're related, phone numbers, and the promise of more info.

AND, for the icing on the cake, she is sending me several photos of my father, which I have never seen, along with one that she is 99.9% sure is a photo of my Mom and father together. Mom and Basil were married and divorced within a few short months.

It's been an adrenaline filled day.

One Mom's side there are four brothers, (some callous souls call them 'half' brothers; they are my 'brothers') and me. I was raised by my maternal grandmother but saw Mom and the boys often.

One Basil's side there are four more brothers, a sister, and me.

I am one of 10 children...not bad for an "only" child!

Thanks, again, to all the extra special helpers from the KT.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH