Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I still need to know..

Posted by jude31 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 16:44

The original thread is on page 2 where no one will see it so I still need to know about the 2 ingred. cake with angel food cake and lemon pie filling. I've already bought both. Do you just mix the 2 together or what?.

Thank you very much!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I still need to know..

Yes. When you have a computer, all you have to do is write in "Angel Food Cake recipe with pineapple, and you would have your answer, which I did for this:
Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Submitted by: DOCKERYLB

Introduction
Gread dessert

Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients

1 box (1-step) angel food cake mix
1 large can crushed pineapple

Directions

Put dry cake mix in bowl (do not add the water as directed on the box). Add entire can of pineapple with juice. Mix carefully until all dry mix in incorporated. Pour into either a tube pan, 9x13 pan, or cupcake pan with liners. Bake at 350 degrees for time on box for size pan (around 30-40 minutes. When sides pull away from pan and toothpick, cake is done.

Can also use low calorie cherry, blueberry, or lemon canned pie filling instead of pineapple.

o
Angel Food Cake answer

I meant go into Google to write what you want to know. Sorry.

o
More information on Angel Food Cake

Endless Possibilities Angel Food Cake
12 servings

1 package dry angel food cake mix (Betty Crocker 1 step)
*see variations below*

Mix the angel food cake mix and desired flavor ingredients together and beat by hand until blended. Pour into 13x9 ungreased pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cool upside down. (Muffins: bake 10-12 minute.)
Pineapple 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice

Pina Colada add 1T coconut extract (and 1T rum extract) to pineapple directions

Lemon 1 can lemon pie filling

Cherry 1 can (20 oz) Comstock light cherry pie filling

Black Forest add 1/2 cup cocoa to Cherry version

Pumpkin 1 can(15 oz)pumpkin 3/4c water 1T each vanilla & cinnamon

Orange Citrus -- 1-1/4 cup water and 2 tsp grated orange peel

Cotton Candy -- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) sugar free flavored gelatin, any flavor, 1-1/4 cup water.
Carrot Cake Add 1/2c finely shredded carrot, 14oz can of pineapple, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg

o

Well Duh! obviously I have a computer but still illiterate and besides, I'm not a baker.LOL Thanks, Marygaily, I'll get there one of these days.

o

Jude, I think Joann_FL posted it, but I couldn't find it for some reason. This is the one I'd copied from Pinterest. I think the important part is your angel food cake mix being one-step and not in two packets in the mix. I know you have a lot on your plate right now, but if you make them, could you let us know how they tasted?

EASY LEMON BARS

1 - one-step angel food cake mix
1 (15 oz.) can lemon pie filling

Mix them together by hand until moist. Be sure not to over stir. Bake in a 9x13 cake pan at 350 degrees until golden brown on the top (about 20 minutes). Cool completely before eating. As they are cooling, you can sprinkle with powder sugar if you wish (Which I guess technically makes this a 3-ingredient recipe).They have more of an angel food cake texture than a traditional lemon bar texture.

o

This is what Joan_FL posted the other day Jude. Just the 2 ingredients, that's all.

Just saw this one on Pinterest.
2 ingredient lemon bars..

box of angel food cake mix and a can of lemon pie filling... Mix them together and bake in a 9x13 cake pan at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

As they are cooling, you can sprinkle with powder sugar if you wish (Which I guess technically makes this a 3-ingredient recipe).

o

I made it and that's what I did........just mixed the two together...Let us know what you think about the cake.

o

Sorry there was a problem with the recipe.
Yes you just mix the 2 things and that's it. I think it has to be a 1 step angel food mix.

I just bought a box of angel food and mixed the 2 ingredients and it worked out just fine. I don't know anything about a 1-step mix.
Good luck with it.

o

if anyone is looking for their posts go to page 2-3 to find them then just post to it and it will put it back on page 1. Everything got pushed off due to the mass spamming attack.

o

Okay, I'm beginning to feel like a complete "idjit". Are the egg whites always in a separate packet from the cake mix?

o

I got Duncan Hines, Just opened the box, put dry mix in a bowl, then stirred in lemon pudding. Once mixed up, it's frothy. No egg whites added.

o

there is no egg-white package in the box. Its all mixed into the mix.

o

Jude, no--that's why the recipe I posted stressed "one-step". I guess some angel food mixes come with two packets. I've never made one (except for the 1-2-3 cake).

o

Well, I mixed the whole darn thing together. On another thread I said when I put it in the oven it had hills and valleys all over it.LOL I supposed it would level but no, no, no! However when it cooled it was more smooth. It's okay, a rather spongy texture. But you know I don't really care for desserts all that much. It was just the novelty of it, I guess. I wouldn't make it again. Given the choice, I'd rather have a nice crusty Italian roll or a French baguette anytime. Of course that's with some nice butter.

jude

o

Or if, it's one of your daughters, crusty bread with shellfish in sauce. And wine. That was fun!

o

Rob and Jude, stop it! LOL Bread is my thing, too, vs cakes.

o

Hi jasdip,

You must be in a good mood today ... to have not told Rob and Jude to go to their rooms.

o j

o

Yea, why don't you make me, huh?! KIDDING! Next time we go to Atlanta, you come on over and you too can have dippy bread with shellfish and wine. Not just jasdip, everyone. We'll have a big party!

Edited to add the below link. The first place linked, Watershed had that meal. And it was pure delight. Awful picture of me, fantastic of Jude (and Mustangs-Cathy).

Here is a link that might be useful: old old post

This post was edited by rob333 on Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 16:10

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here