Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How Many Are to Have Snow?

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 16:01

How many of you are to have snow this weekend? They are predicting we will get 6 to 10 inches late tonight, Sunday and Monday morning. I am ready for it as usual. I have vegetable soup nearly done in the crock pot and other foods ready too. How is your weather?

Sue in Central Indiana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How Many Are to Have Snow?

Not me - I live in Paradise aka NW Florida! I came from Missouri - do NOT miss the cold weather and snow and ice AT ALL!

o

Same here, Sue. I went into the grocery, brought in 4 big loads of wood and have my fabric all ready to sew while I am stuck in. I don't know if my hubby is coming home tonight or not so I made sure I had a bunch of wood in for him.

I made a run to Joanns today. Lord knows I didn't need anymore fabric. Couldn't resist. You know how we are.

I am going with a couple neighbor ladies to play bingo tonight. We always have such a fun time..

Everybody stay safe with the snow. Spring weather is really going to get here soon... It is 70 here in Central Indiana today.

o

(Raising hand) I am! Not a lot--3" or so--but enough to make driving hazardous. I may have to drive my son to his commuter van at 5:30 a.m. on Monday. If so, we'll have to leave early because it's gonna be a slow drive.

o

I really do like snow. I would love to get snowed in with my Izzi. In years past we have been snowed in for a week. Loved it.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

None...here in the Philadelphia suburbs of PA, we've had a grand total of 2" in 2 snowfalls - both of which were supposed to be the "big storm" of the winter.

o

2 to 4 inches forecast for just north of Pittsburgh Sunday night into Monday. Thats more than I want, but I guess we will have to put up with what we get.

o

None here in south Florida. My project for spring break is working on the lawn--non-existent in the back yard, get some plants in the ground and paint the powder room. I grew up on eastern seaboard and spent some happy years in Maine so I miss snow a little but my blood is much thinner now. One year in Maine we had snow flurries on May Day! Enjoy the veggie soup

o

Hi Sue--glad to see you posting again. We got another inch or so last night and may get more tonight but that is on top of what we got about a week ago. Have upto about too many already on the ground. Garden???? Good one!!
Marie from ND

o

Hard to believe we'll get any snow, looking at the sun in the clear western sky this afternoon. Last I heard most of the snow (3" -- big whoop) will be south of Chicago, and we are a tad north. We are supposed to go into the city tomorrow evening though...mebbe yes, mebbe no.

You can use the moisture in Indiana, right? We are now almost back to 'normal' after last summer's drought, thanks to snow.

o

I don't want to raise my hand, but I just watched the local evening news and they aren't giving me a choice. It's a wide area they predict for so they're being safe by saying 2 to 6 inches, starting late tomorrow, into Monday.

I'm going to send all of mine to Marilyn_Sue.

Shirley/Ohio

o

We have a winter storm watch on Sunday afternoon thru Monday afternoon, 4" - 8"; but not sure if that's just around the lake (Cleveland) or if that includes us down in Wayne County or not.

This early afternoon I walked around outside, picked up a few sticks, pruned some privet branches, puttered around. It was chilly but the sun was out. Just a few minutes ago I changed into a heavier shirt and turned the thermostat up! brrrr. and it says it's 41 degrees out there but sure doesn't feel like it to me.

o

It is snowing heavily here in Kansas...I hate this stuff...we have had enough and it is supposed to be spring! I-70 is closed out in the western part of the state to Denver.

o

Amazingly, we are not expecting snow in the part of NNY where I am. However the temps are stuck in the 30's.

o

Temperature right now is 43 and slowly dropping. Very nice and sunny out today.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

Calling for possible flurries the next few days in northern ALABAMA, fer cryin' out loud.

o

Pleasant here in southern California. We moved here to get away from snow and summer humidity.

o

Gross. Hopefully no more snow for us in Eastern(ish) Canada. Snowbanks are still five feet high. This time last year, the crocus were blooming:(.

o

They are saying we could get up to 6"--but more likely, 2-3". I hope it goes past us in a hurry because I've had enough snow to last for a while.

o

Two to three inches here tonight and a big mess of rain and snow tomorrow, plus a high only in the 30's. I have an appointment with the eye doctor at ten and then meeting a friend for lunch. I wish I were going on Tuesday instead, although the roads my not be all that bad.

o

We are to have 1-3 inches of rainy sleety snow. I am about 28 miles northeast of Philly. :(
Joann

o

The 2 to 4 inches that was being predicted in yesterday's forecast for tonight into Monday, has been changed to 4 to 8. Is that an upgrade or a down grade? Depends on how much you like or dislike snow, I guess.

o

It has been snowing lightly all day but is stopped now. We were supposed to get one inch. It's that time of year when everyone is sick of snow.

o

We only got about 2-3 inches, but because of the wind there are drifts everywhere. Not a great day for the last day of spring break for me and my kids.

o

Got another inch last night. Did get to church, but not to the annual roast beef dinner (lunch) at our sister church. Roads icky!!! Now to watch out for the ice on the roads and walkways due to melting stuff and freezing.Sun out, temp 21 above and not much wind

o

We've got about 3 inches so far at a rate of about 1" per hour, with more on the way. Its pretty so far, I just hope it's not too heavy, I spent the morning and early afternoon cleaning up a downed tree from a couple of weeks ago, and I still have more clean-up to go. I really don't want more branches and trees to clean-up.

o

"Winter weather advisory remains in effect until 6 pm Monday...
precipitation type...snow.
accumulations...2 to 4 inches.
temp is 33°"

Since we already have probably 3" I guess the answer is YES.

It is so pretty, and I don't have to go out in it, so I'm fine with it.

I feel for all of you who do have to contend with it, though.

Sue

o

It's coming down like gangbusters here. Thank heavens it is only sticking to the grass. The street is just slushy. We are supposed to get 3-5 inches, but I hope it's three. Yuck. It is pretty, though.

o

Yep, woke up to this today.

o

had a dusting but now that's gone...everything went south of us....windy, though...

o

We only got about an inch and it is pretty much stopped now..12:11PM
Joann

o

Schoolhouse: Nice photos -- esp the one with the bench in it.

Here in Northern Virginia (across the river from D.C.), we have 2 or so inches of snow. Started last night, a wet snow. Still coming down lightly. This is a day off for me, so I can relax inside, nap with the dog, watch something(s) on Netflix... Until the dog needs to go outside again. She loves the snow.

I'm going to make a pumpkin loaf to make the house smell delish! And I have a Marie Callender's chicken pot pie waiting for me in the freezer. Ben and Jerry are keeping her company!

o

I think we ended up with about 8 inches of snow. It has started to melt now. The country roads are not too bad and the highways and town are pretty good.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

SUN!!!! No snow, none coming in but now predicting flooding in certain areas again. Still chlly, but oh so beautiful. 14 above

o

We had snow on the ground this morning but it melted. It's snowing again but apparently not sticking, which is fine with me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here