SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_fla

Electric Coil Burners or Flat Top???

lisa_fla
10 years ago

What is your opinion? We need to replace our electric range to stainless steel to match our other newer appliances. Gas is not an option in our neighborhood. I do not want a stove top that I have to 'babysit' or handle with extra care. I do have some cast iron pans and also an enameld cast iron pot. Some people say they scratch the surface of a flat top, others say just don't slide tham. We also use an aluminum hand cranked popcorn popper just about every night. The bottom surface of the popper is not completely flat from wear and tear. Some reviewers online have said their ceramic tops have actually cracked from using cast iron?? Someone else said she hates her flat top 'with every fiber of my being' LOL-apparently every little thing she cooks requires lots of elbow grease to get it clean again. On the other hand, DH hates the look of coils. He also has told me he has been looking online, and there are very few ranges left with electric coils. There must be a reason??? Might be hard to get parts in the future. What are your thoughts and experiences????

Comments (39)