SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningglovequilter

Anyone bought a new dishwasher lately?

MiMi
11 years ago

Has anyone here bought a new dishwasher lately that you are happy with, that didn't cost two arms and a leg?... I know.. some will say post this on the appliance or kitchen board.... well I have looked on those boards and whew!... some of those gals don't think anything about dropping way over 1000.00 on one. I just cannot do that right now. My GE of 12 years old is one the fritz... I have to bang the holy ned out of the panel to get it to come on and it's not cleaning as well... so it's just time for a new one. I am going to go to Home Depot and have looked at all their products online. There are a lot of reviews but they are all so mixed... some people love and others yet hate the same one. I have to say I am having some sticker shock at the moment too, man they have really gone up in price! I don't want or need anything with fancy cycles. I do like a pots and pans cycle, not that I wash pots and pans it it, but that cycle is longer so I like that idea. I always scrape and rinse my stuff off because I don't run it every day, If I am going to run it right after a meal I just scrape stuff off and load, let the dishwasher do it's job. I am going to have my son help me take the old one out so we can add some insulation to the inside of the cabinet to help make it quieter. Then add some extra to the outside of the new dishwasher before it is installed, so I don't want to spend a fortune buying a "quiet" one...because from what I have read they just have extra insulation on the outside of them to make them quieter. I don't want a total stainless steel, I do not want to deal with finger prints on the handle etc... I want that part black...Anyone have any suggestions?
Debbie...

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts