SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kacram

News about my son, REALLY long.. lol

kacram
10 years ago

Many of you remember him, as I've been coming here for many years! lol You have watched him grow up!
He visited Ireland with his girlfriend in November and proposed while at the Cliffs of Moher. We knew he was going to do that.

We hadn't met her parents and family yet. So, they decided to have an engagement party/meet the families party. They are NOT a professional sports enjoying family, and her sisters and their spouses/children, were coming out for their late Christmas that they celebrate every year. They would be here at the very end of January. So, they set up the party in West Seattle at Salty's on the water, (takes us 75 to 90 minutes to get here) for February 2nd. Super Bowl Sunday. She had no clue, they set it up in December. We had no clue that the Seahawks would be playing... no big deal, really, but we were hoping to watch that. lol We left here in the 2nd quarter. The Hawks were way ahead already, as I knew they would be.

It took us an hour to get there. The fastest trip to West Seattle EVER! There were hardly ANY cars and people out and about! lol So, we get there at 6, met her folks, and the siblings and their spouses and a new baby! Salty's had closed their restaurant for SBS because it's not a sports bar and they knew they would be dead. But they kept it open for our party and another. They even gave us a bigger room with TV's for free. And a view of the water.

Soon the TV's were turned off, and Terika had an announcement. She says... "I know you are all here to celebrate our engagement. But we want you to know that our engagement ended today!" Yikes! I looked at Ryan, already tearing up for the poor kid. T continues... "Because we are getting married right now!" Say what?

Only one of my brothers was there. The other two and their spouses and kids couldn't make it. That disappointed me a lot. I have to say, I'm still a little in shock! lol I didn't have time to even change the settings on my camera! lol Most of the shots are kind of dark. The videos of the ceremony are quite dark. Her father is a minister, and he married them. He parents knew of this since November! lol The four of them are the only ones that knew!~ I love weddings, and I feel a little cheated! ahahaha

I know, it's not about me! I am going to have a little reception down here at the house, to introduce her to friends and family. I HAVE to get knew flooring and paint... you know! lol So I am a Mother in Law! ahahaha

We like her, she is really cool, not real girly though.. I was hoping to tag along with T and her Mom when they looked at wedding stuff. I knew she wouldn't be wearing a traditional wedding dress... boy was I right! lol Her Mom and Dad got to participate in 3 other weddings, I got cheated! lol Don't worry, I'm getting over it.

Comments (34)