SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti43

Ill share my recipes, iif you share yours 3/2 -3/8

patti43
10 years ago

Luckygardnr originally posted this, but it's so good, I thought I'd posted it again for someone who may have missed it. I used cottage cheese and left out the mushrooms because I didn't have any.

Slow Cooker Lasagna

8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1/3 c. water
1 small carton fresh mushrooms
15 oz. ricotta or 24 oz. cottage cheese
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 red pepper
1 sweet onion

Break noodles. place half in bottom of greased slow cooker or use a Reynolds slow cooker bag and there's no mess.

Brown ground beef. Drain. Stir in Italian seasoning. Spread half over noodles in slow cooker.

Layer half of sauce and water, half the mushrooms, half the pepper, half the onion, and the ricotta and half the mozzarella cheese over beef. Repeat layers.

Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. (You can double the ingredients and make 3 layers). Luckygardnr's note: The first time I made this I cooked the noodles 5 hours. They were perfect. However, when I warmed this up the noodles became mush. I now cook it for 4 hrs.

Comments (22)

• glenda_al
    10 years ago

Sandra Lee's Gnocchi gargonzola chicken **This is my changed rendition
    1 pound potato gnocchi I buy Publix's **Have made my own, but this is just as good, I THINK :o)
    1 pkg Knorr's three cheese sauce mix
    2 cups milk
    3 garlic cloves jarred crushed not minced
    6 ounces Gorgonzola crumbles
    1 store-bought roasted chicken (approximately 2 pounds), shredded
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

To a large pot of boiling salted water, add gnocchi and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until they float to the surface. Drain and return to pot; cover to keep warm.
    In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, whisk together white sauce mix and milk. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat to simmer and add minced garlic and Gorgonzola crumbles. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes as sauce thickens; remove from heat.

Add shredded chicken to gnocchi. Pour sauce over warm gnocchi and chicken, and toss to combine. Serve warm and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.

• nodakgal
    10 years ago

This is T&T recipe. Made many times and very good, freeze well too!

Lemon Crumb Muffins

MAKES: 40 servings
    Ingredients

6 cups all-purpose flour
    4 cups sugar
    3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    8 eggs
    2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
    2 cups butter, melted
    3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    TOPPING:
    3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
    GLAZE:
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    Directions

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
    In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
    Bake at 350ð for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 40 muffins.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lemon Crumb Muffins

• Related Discussions

I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, January 10, 2011

Q

Comments (4)
    Western Omelet Sandwich Ingredients: 1/2 cup chopped onion 1/2 cup diced green pepper 1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1 cup diced fully cooked ham 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley 4 eggs salt and pepper to taste 4 slices bread, toasted and buttered Directions: 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add ham and parsley. Beat eggs; pour into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely set, remove from the heat. Cut into wedges; serve on toast. Sue
    ...See More

I'll share my recipes, if you'll share yours - January 7, 2010

Q

Comments (2)
    Sooooooo good! Have served quite a few times. Baked Sweet Potatoes with maple-jalapeno sour cream Rub oil and salt on 4 scrubbed, sweet potatoes and dried Place on rack and take 450 for 40-45 minuts or until soft (I wrap mine in foil) Topping Combine 1/2 c sour cream 1 Tbl maple syrup 2 tsp seeded and minced jalapeno ***I use canned minced green chiles, drained 1 tsp lime juice salt and tobasco to taste chill Serve potatoes with: maple-jalapeno sour cream bacon bits sliced scallions ----------------------------------------
    ...See More

I'll Share my Recipes if you Share Yours Tues Feb.8

Q

Comments (3)
    My adult kids and I love this stuff! DH doesn't like it of course, he is the fussiest butt I have ever seen. Its fairly quick for lunch if you thaw the dough in the morning. Ham and Swiss Stromboli 1 loaf of thawed frozen bread dough 6 oz deli sliced ham, diced 6 green onions,sliced (I don't use them) 8 bacon strips,cooked and crumbled (I use Oscar Meyer bacon bits) 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (I use 6oz slices and dice it up) Roll out dough on a greased baking sheet. Place ham over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges;sprinkle evenly with onions,bacon and cheese. Roll up jelly roll style,starting with long side. Pinch seams well to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut several 1/4 inch deep slits on top of loaf. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees or til golden brown. Cool slightly before slicing. Serve warm.
    ...See More

I'll share my recipes, if you'll share yours - July 23

Q

Comments (0)
    I know I posted this salad last year, and alot of you have tried it and liked it, but I used a bit of the dressing as a glazing for my pork chops on the BBQ. Very delicious! Nappa Salad: 1 large head Nappa cabbage, quartered lengthwise & sliced very thin. 6 -8 green onions, with tops on, chopped 2 pkgs. oriental noodles, broken apart (from the soup packages but without the flavouring) 7oz. slivered almonds 1/2 C sesame seeds Dressing: 1 C corn oil 1 C white sugar 1/2 C cider vinegar 2 Tbl. soya sauce 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. pepper Brown noodles, almonds & sesame seeds on cookie sheet in the oven ahead of time. These can be stored in an airtight container. Dressing: Mix, let stand. Dressing can be made & stored in the frig in a jar. Shake well before using. All of above can be prepared ahead of time, but do not mix together until just before serving.
    ...See More
  • bob_cville
    10 years ago

I started from the recipe here Cream of Asparagus soup and modified it slightly as I went.

Cream of Asparagus Soup

1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    1 small sweet onion (chopped)
    1 cup water
    1 1/2 tsp chicken stock concentrate
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 pinch ground black pepper
    1 pinch ground white pepper
    1 cup half and half
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
    1 Tbsp chopped green onion

In a large saucepan, combine asparagus, chopped onion, and 1 cup water and chicken stock concentrate. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until asparagus is tender, about 12 minutes. Puree the mixture in the pot using a stick blender, reduce heat to low.

In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour, and both pepper. Cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Whisk in the half and half and increase the heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils and starts to thicken, then stir into asparagus and puree again with the stick blender.

Whisk in the sour cream and the lemon juice, pour into bowls, and garnish with the green onions.

Edited to correct the amount of water used.

This post was edited by bob_cville on Fri, Mar 7, 14 at 13:53

• luckygardnr
    10 years ago

Cauliflower Sauce with Whole Wheat Penne
    Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray

Ingredients

1 pound whole-wheat penne rigate
    Salt
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, cracked from skin and sliced
    1 red onion, finely chopped
    1 head cauliflower, stem removed and chopped
    1 cup chicken stock
    4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
    3/4 cup grated Romano, 3 generous handfuls
    Salt and black pepper

Directions

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta and cook to al dente. Drain and reserve 2 ladles of pasta water.

While water is coming up to a boil and pasta cooks, make sauce. Heat a deep skillet over medium heat with extra-virgin olive oil. Add garlic and cook 3 minutes, then remove. Add onions and cook 5 minutes then add cauliflower, chicken stock and the rosemary. Cover the pan and cook 15 minutes. Uncover the sauce, add 1 to 2 ladles of pasta water and mash the cauliflower with the back of a wooden spoon or potato masher. Add the pasta and cheese to the cauliflower and toss to combine. Season the dish with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.

• patti43
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I can't wait to be able to make this. Doesn't it sound good?

PINEAPPLE COCONUT CRISP (About A Mom)

2 20-oz. cans Dole Crushed Pineapple packed in juice, partially drained
    1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
    1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
    6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
    6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    1. Preheat oven to 400úF. Place Dole pineapple into a 9-inch pie plate.
    2. In a bowl, combine oats, coconut, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add butter and pinch with your fingers until well combined and mixture is crumbly.
    3. Sprinkle topping over pineapple. Bake until fruit is bubbling and topping is golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
    4. Let cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

Lately I've been sauteeing/steaming broccoli and cauliflower this way. We love it.

Skillet Cauliflower (Lidia's Italy)

1 large cauliflower, cut in florets
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Cut the big florets into 1-inch chunks or thick slices, so you have 6 cups or more of roughly equal-sized cauliflower pieces.

Pour the olive oil into a large skillet and set over medium-low heat. Scatter the garlic slices and red pepper flakes on the oil, and pile in all the cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt.

Sweat the cauliflower, about 4 minutes. Toss and cook for another 3 minutes. The edges of the cauliflower pieces should have started to brown.

Cover the pan and let the cauliflower continue to caramelize slowly, tossing the pieces every few minutes, 12-15 minutes

This post was edited by jasdip on Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 8:43

• nodakgal
    10 years ago

I like these almost better than chocolate chip.

Soft-Baked White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

Yield: 2 - 2.5 dozen
    Ingredients:

3/4 cup (1.5 sticks to 170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
    3/4 cup (150g) dark brown sugar
    1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
    1 large egg, at room temperature
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons cornstarch (aka cornflour)
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup (135g) white chocolate chips
    3/4 cup (105g) dried cranberries

Directions:

In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick. Add the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries, mix for about 5 seconds until evenly disbursed. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.

Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.

Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together if you work the dough with your hands as you roll into individual balls. Roll balls of dough, about 1 Tablespoon of dough each, into balls. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. They will look extremely soft when you remove them from the oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. If the cookies are too puffy, try gently pressing down on them with the back of a spoon. They will slightly deflate as you let them cool. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.

Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week. Baked cookies freeze well - up to three months. Unbaked cookie dough balls freeze well - up to three months.

*Do not drop dough onto warm cookie sheets. Allow cookie sheets to cool completely between batches.

Here is a link that might be useful: White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

• patti43
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's one I haven't made for years. Don't know why. It's so good warm with a bowl of tomato soup.

Dilly Cheese Bread

3 c. Bisquick
    1-1/2 c. (6 oz.) jack or cheddar cheese, grated
    1 Tbsp. sugar
    1 tsp. dill
    1/2 tsp. dry mustard
    1-1/4 c. milk
    1 egg, beaten
    1 Tbsp. vegetable oil

Combine first five ingredients, mixing well. Add remaining ingredients, stirring until the ingredients are moistened. Pour into a 9x5x3" loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until done.

• glenda_al
    10 years ago

Love my cornbread and this is the best around my parts of the world.

Irondale Cafe Cornbread

1 ý teaspoons baking powder
    2 ý teaspoons vegetable oil
    2 ý teaspoons melted butter
    2 beaten eggs
    1 ý cups fat free cultured buttermilk
    1 ý cups whole milk
    1 ý cups self- rising white cornmeal
    1 ý cups self- rising White Lily flour
    Combine all ingredients and mix well. Let batter rest under refrigeration for 1-2 hours.
    Pour batter into a well buttered 9ÃÂ13 pan.
    Bake at 350 degree in convection oven for 17 to 20 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
    Brush top liberally with melted butter.
    Can also bake in a pre-heated, cast iron skillet for a dark and crunchy bottom crust.

• nodakgal
    10 years ago

I've made these a couple times, everyone liked them.

Spicy Potato Wedges
    âÂ¥âÂ¥âÂ¥âÂ¥âÂÂ¥
    Rated 5.0 by 2 readers
    Spicy Potato Wedges

Prep Time: 10 min
    Cook Time: 35 min
    Ready in: 45 min
    Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients

2ý pounds (1.13 kg) potatoes (or 3 pounds for less spicy potatoes)
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced (or maybe ý teaspoon garlic powder)
    2 teaspoons dried parsley
    ý teaspoon cayenne
    ý teaspoon paprika
    þ teaspoon salt (I have to admit that I end up adding a lot more)
    ý teaspoon pepper

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450ðF / 230ðC. Pour the olive oil onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Add the spices and mix with the olive oil.
    Clean the potatoes and slice the potato into even wedges. Put the potatoes on the cookie sheet and use your hands to coat the potatoes with the olive oil mix.
    The baking time will vary depending on how big your wedges are. I usually bake mine for 20 minutes, take them out of the oven to flip them, and bake for another 10 �" 15 minutes. If you want them crispier, just bake them for a few minutes longer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spicy Potato Wedges

• angelaid
    10 years ago

Husband loved that Slow Cooker Lasagna!

Here's a tried and true that we love too:

Shrimp Creole

2 lb uncooked medium shrimp in shells, thawed if frozen
    1/4 cup butter or margarine
    3 medium onions, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
    2 medium green bell peppers, finely chopped (2 cups)
    2 medium stalks celery, finely chopped (1 cup)
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 cup water
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
    1 ý teaspoons salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
    2 dried bay leaves
    1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
    6 cups hot cooked rice

Peel shrimp. Make a shallow cut lengthwise down back of each shrimp; wash out vein. Cover and refrigerate.
    In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic in butter about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
    Stir in remaining ingredients except rice and shrimp. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
    Stir in shrimp. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and firm. Remove bay leaves. Serve shrimp mixture over rice.

Makes 6 servings

• patti43
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is my favorite stroganoff recipe. I don't remember where I got the recipe. I've had it years before computers, though--haha~

Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into 1/4" strips
    1 Tbsp. flour (I found I had to use more than this)
    1/2 tsp. salt
    4 Tbsp. butter
    1/2 c onion, chopped
    1 c. chopped mushrooms, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 Tbsp. sherry (the real stuff or omit)
    2 Tbsp. butter
    3 Tbsp. flour
    1 Tbsp. tomato paste
    1 can condensed beef broth
    1 c. sour cream

Combine 1 Tbsp. flour and salt. Dredge meat in this and brown on both sides in 4 Tbsp. butter. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes until onion is tender. Remove from skillet. Add 2 Tbsp.butter to pan drippings. When melted, blend in 3 Tbsp. flour. Add tomato paste. Slowly add broth, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Return meat to skillet. When ready to serve, stir in sherry and sour cream. Heat briefly. Serve over rice, noodles or potatoes.

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

These are one of our favourite muffins.

Morning Glory Muffins (Muffin Mania cookbook)

2 cups flour
    1 1/4 cups white sugar
    2 tsp. baking soda
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. salt

2 cups grated carrot (I use more, more like 3 cups)
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1/2 cup coconut
    1 apple, peeled, cored and grated

3 eggs
    1 cup oil
    2 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350.

In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
    Whisk together.

In medium size bowl combine:

carrots, raisins, nuts, coconut and apple.
    Stir to combine.
    Stir into flour mixture.

In small bowl combine eggs, oil and vanilla.
    Whisk together.
    Add to flour and fruit mixture and combine until just mixed together.

Spoon into prepared muffin tin evenly.

Bake for 20 minutes.
    Makes 14 large muffins.

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

A while ago I got a library book from Readers Digest called Magic Foods. It's all about foods with healthy GL, which raises blood sugar slowly.

The recipes focus on good GL foods such as fruit, bran, broccoli, garlic, olive oil, vinegars, sweet potatoes, onions, brown rice etc etc.

Last nite we had a sirloin tip in a marinade, which incorporated a lot of the GL foods. It was good, but it might have had a touch too much balsamic, I was tasting a "bite" so I think cut back, would be better.

Sliced the steak in think slices with steamed carrots and potatoes.

Flank Steak with Balsamic Sauce (Readers Digest Magic Foods)

A zesty marinade is transformed into a rich-tasting sauce. Use a ridged grill pan or skillet, or indoor grill.

1/3 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp dried thyme
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    salt and pepper
    1 1/2 lb flank steak, trimmed
    2 tbsp finely chopped shallot
    1 tsp olive oil
    2 tsp unsalted butter

Whisk the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, worcestershire, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Place the steak in a shallow glass dish, pour the marinade over and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2-8 hours, turning several times.

Remove steak from marinade and pour marinade into a small saucepan. Add the shallots and set aside.

Brush a ridged grill pan or heavy skillet with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook 6-7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.

Bring marinade to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook until reduced to 1/3 cup; 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat, add the butter and whisk until melted.

Slice steak thinly across the grain, add any accumulated juices to the sauce, and serve with the steak.

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

Made another marinade dinner tonite. This marinade is one that Raven posted. Oh, it's so good!!!! We raved about it.
    I marinated pork tenderloin, cooked in a cast iron skillet then cut into thick slices.

Caribbean Jerk Chicken (Ravencajun) 5 stars!

1 tbsp minced onion
    1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, or red pepper flakes or hot sauce
    1 tbsp allspice
    1/2 tbsp ground cloves
    1/2-3/4 tsp cinnamon
    14 tsp nutmeg
    1 tsp thyme (I omitted, I don't like thyme)
    salt and pepper
    1/2 tbsp ginger
    1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar (taste to adjust sweetness)
    1/4 cup lime juice
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 cup oil

Put everything into a blender and combine well (I didn't bother).

In a ziploc bag, add chicken or pork and marinade. Coat meat well and marinate overnight.

Heat grill, brush meat with some marinate and grill until desired doneness.

A cast iron skillet also works well.

• patti43
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm a pushover for anything coconut. I've made poke cakes before but not coconut. If anyone's made this let me know how you liked it.

COCONUT CREAM PIE CAKE (Just A Pinch)

Make the yellow cake according to package directions and bake in a 9 X 13 baking pan or dish. While baking the cake, mix one can of coconut cream or milk with a can of sweetened condensed milk.

When the cake is done and while it's still hot take a skewer or a chopstick and poke holes evenly all the way thru the cake. Be sure to poke holes along the sides of the cake if possible. (Leave the cake in the pan or dish by the way)

Pour the coconut milk/condensed milk over the cake evenly till it's all used. It will pool along the cake but that's ok. Let the cake cool in the pan or dish then put in the refrigerator. When the cake is cold, spread the cool whip over the cake then sprinkle the flaked coconut over the top. If you can, make this one or two days ahead of time the consistency is like a coconut cream pie!

• angelaid
    10 years ago

I made these last night. Husband can't stop talking about them. He at a whole lb!

Crispy Baked Asparagus Fries

Ingredients:
    1 pound asparagus, trimmed
    1/2 cup flour
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup grated parmesan
    salt and pepper to taste
    Directions
    Dredge the asparagus in the flour, dip them in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper.

Place the asparagus on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425 oven until golden brown, about 7-13 minutes.

I cheated and shook the asparagus in the flour in a bag, dredged in the eggs and shook it in the Panko mixture in a bag - added just a titch of Cayenne to the Panko mixture.

• nodakgal
    10 years ago

I've made these the way the recipe says and also filled with the cheesecake filling in the refrigerator case. They were a hit either way.
    It says they can be made ahead of time, but dont make them too far in advance, they get soft.

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
    from Nutmeg Nanny

Ingredients:
    -1 lb large strawberries
    -8 oz. cream cheese, softened (can use 1/3 less fat)
    -3-4 tbsp powdered sugar (4 tbsp for a sweeter filling)
    -1 tsp vanilla extract
    -graham cracker crumbs

Directions:
    1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife, if necessary (some may already be hollow inside). Prep all strawberries and set aside.
    2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture. Once strawberries are filled, dip the top in graham cracker crumbs. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cheesecake Strawberries

• glenda_al
    10 years ago

Brownie brittle--I've made this so many times and here's my version

Buy a pkg of chocolate brownie mix, 10 oz size. I buy Marie Callender's, from Dollar Tree, but Betty Crocker has one at Wall Mart.
    Add to the mix, 1 egg, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup oil.
    Spray a cookie sheet, the one I use is 15 x 10.
    Spread the batter thinly all over the cookie sheet and evenly. I use a spatula.
    Then with fingers, take chocolate morsels and sprinkle about 1/2 cup or more over the batter.
    Bake 325 for 30 minutes.
    Turn oven off and let sit inside oven for 30 more minutes.
    Brownies will be hard.
    Let them cool completely, and make sure the chocolate morsels are cooled and hard.
    Lift up at one end with a fork, and break into pieces.
    Store in an airtight container.
    Eat and enjoy!

• patti43
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, we have shared some really good recipes this week. Can't wait for tomorrow, and a new week--and thanks for giving me new ideas to try when I can. You guys rock!

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

Angela, I made your Parmesan Asparagus to go with our chipotle ribs. We were eating them like candy! So good!
    Thanks so much for posting it.

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

Bengardening wondered where this thread was, and she's right. It's fallen aside, time to bring it up again.

I made these tonite for dinner and they're incredible, both in flavour and ease. I cut the glaze in half as I didn't have 3 lbs of sprouts.

Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction (Pioneer Woman)

3 lb brussels sprouts
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 375.

Trim ends of brussels sprouts, and either cut in half or leave whole.
    Combine with olive oil, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and spread on a baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.

Meanwhile, combine balsamic vinegar and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce and simmer until thickened and syrupy.

Toss brussels sprouts with glaze, and stir in dried cranberries, serve immediately.