SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

have you replaced your kitchen floor and ...

pammyfay
11 years ago

... appliances at the same time?

I have a very small townhouse kitchen.
Eventually the appliances will need to be replaced (a combo microwave on top/stove-oven on the bottom has blown the microwave function, and it's a 1970s/80s big ugly thing, so half of my space there is now not usable). And there are two rip marks in what I guess is vinyl.

So which should be installed first -- the new flooring or the new stove (and whichever other appliances I might decide to do at the same time)?

When I pulled the fridge out for a painting party, there was vinyl about halfway back, then the wood (not hardwoods). How do installers handle that now -- do they run the vinyl all the way back? The vinyl at the stove looks the same way -- a few inches of vinyl, then the wood. This is the original construction, and the previous owners did not update the place in any way.

A neighbor told me that the appliances go in first, so that they don't ruin the new flooring -- whatever type that may be -- fitting them in.

(This isn't a full kitchen overhaul, so it doesn't really rise to the level that the folks on that other kitchen board deal with!)

Comments (25)