Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need only your tried and true pork tenderloin recipe

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 12:08

I saw Ina Garten's recipe with herbs, and it sounds good, but would like YOUR favorite one, but NOT grilled as I can use one in my condo.

Plus your favorite side dishes to go with it.

Thanks ya'll!

I can search for recipes, so that's why I'm asking for your recipe.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need only your tried and true pork tenderloin recipe

Love this one from weed:

• Posted by: weed30 (My Page) on Mon, Sep 8, 03 at 23:18

Here is a very easy recipe that gets raves. It is easily doubled. I have recently been doubling the sauce ingredients (onions, wine/vermouth, cream, dijon) so we have enough to add to the rice too. It's important not to overcook the pork -- it should still be slightly pink inside.
If your grocery stocks Far East rice mixes, the one with rice and orzo is very good with this dish. Otherwise, brown rice with a little finely diced carrot and sauteed onion is good. Asparagus is a great vegetable to serve with it - cook them until barely done, then toss with butter and your favorite seasoning to finish. (I love Cavendar's Greek Seasoning)

Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Cream
Serves: 2

1# pork tenderloin, cut into 2" slices
Seasoned flour
2 Tbl. butter, divided
2 tsp. canola or olive oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced (coin shape), white and green parts separated
1/3 cup white wine or dry vermouth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. Dijon mustard (or more to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to low, about 170 degrees F
Lightly pound pork medallions to 1" thick.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tsp. oil over medium high heat.
Dredge pork in seasoned flour. Add pork slices all at once to pan and saute 2 minutes per side.
Remove to a plate and hold in the oven while finishing the sauce. (pork will be a bit underdone but will finish in the oven.)
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan.
Add white part of onion, saute for 1 minute.
Add wine or vermouth, simmer until syrupy and reduced to about 3 tablespoons.
Add cream, simmer 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.*
Stir in Dijon, add salt and pepper to taste.
Return pork to pan to coat with sauce. Serve over rice or pasta, garnishing with the green part of the onion.
*If sauce ends up too thick for your liking, add a little water or milk, but no more than 1/4 cup. You can double the sauce ingredients so there is enough to pour over rice.

Wendy (Weed)

o

I made this one at Christmas. After reading the reviews, I added garlic powder and black pepper to the loin before adding the crust to bump up the flavor. I cooked it using a thermometer to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. It came out very moist, but with almost no pan juices, so I made a simple chicken stock pan sauce to to go with it.

Easy and Elegant Pork Tenderloin
Rated: Prep Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 55 Minutes
Submitted By: Susan Burget
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Servings: 6
"This main dish is beautiful in its presentation and always comes out tender and juicy even if you overcook it a little. The crust of bread crumbs holds in all the juices and adds a great look and taste to the finished product."

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup olive oil
2 pounds pork tenderloin
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Mix bread crumbs and olive oil in bowl to reach consistency
that would be moist enough to stick to the meat when
pressed. Place pork on a shallow cooking sheet. Press the
crumb mixture onto all sides of the meat until there is no pink
showing, usually 1/4 inch thick.
3. Bake for at least 35 minutes until a meat thermometer reads
165 degrees F (75 degrees C) or until there is no pink when
the pork is cut. It's no longer necessary to cook pork loin to 165 and the pork will be much moister if you stop it around 145. Let the pork rest for 10 minutes, then cut into
1/2 inch slices.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2012 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 11/29/2012

o

Pat the tenderloin dry, rub lightly with crushed garlic all over and then generously with Herbs de Provence.and top off with lightly sprinkled Kosher salt.

Roast in 325 oven in a shallow pan, until 176 degrees(as in the above post).

o

The Lazy Cook at my house pours red wine over the roast and dusts liberally with garlic and some salt before roasting until pink in the middle. We like applesauce with pork. (I buy the little individual-serving applesauce cups; big jar goes bad before we've used it up.)

I am upset that one of my two usual groceries now sells ONLY Hormel pork -- injected with something!

o

Braised Pork Medallions with Apples

Slice 1-lb pork tenderloin into 8 pieces; season on both sides with 1 tsp ground pepper and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice.

Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat; brown pork on both sides, remove from pan and set aside.

Add 1 small chopped onion; and 1 large cored, coarsely chopped apple to skillet; saute until soft.

Add 1/2 cup apple cider to skillet; heat to simmer. Return pork to pan, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.

Serve.

o

Thanks, they all sound delicious!

Any side dishes you serve especially with the tenderloin?

o

Glenda, this is Nita's recipe and I've made it several times. It's really good and looks pretty, too. I marinate overnight. Side dishes are always a problem for me. With this I serve rice and a vegetable, usually broccoli or green beans.

PORK ROAST WITH CHERRY SAUCE

½ c. soy sauce
½ c. sherry
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 - 4 to 5 lb. pork loin roast

Blend first 6 ingredients. Pour over meat in a plastic bag; put in a deep bowl. Marinate in closed bag 2-3 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator. Occasionally flip the bag over to distribute the marinade. Remove meat from marinade; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered at 325F. For 2-12 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 170. Baste with marinade during the last hour. Serve with cherry sauce. Serves 10-12 people.

Cherry Sauce:

10 oz. jar cherry preserves
2 Tbsp. sherry
1 Tbsp. soy sauce

Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat until preserves are melted. Serve over meat. You can double if you want more sauce. (I do!)

o

I have an easy and lovely recipe for pork tenderloin but alas I'm not at home. I will be home on Sunday if you don't need it before then. I do want to mention that Pork tenderloin and pork loin are two entirely different cuts of meat but Patti's recipe sounds lovely.

o

Glenda......

Here's one you can make in a crock pot.

1 2 lb pork tenderloin
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red wine
3 TBSP minced garlic
3 TBSP soy sauce
black pepper, to taste

Place pork tenderloin in slow cooker with the contents of the onion soup packet. Pour water, wine and soy sauce over the top. Turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread the garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with black pepper, cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

I usually end up cooking mine longer, I don't think you can ruin it.
I mostly serve it with carrots and mashed potatoes....the 'au jus' is really tasty over them. The leftovers also make good sandwiches, like french dip, but with pork.

o

I actually made four tenderloins as I was serving a crowd. For sides, I made Pioneer Woman mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, roasted cherry tomatoes, roasted butternut squash, carrots parmigiano, shaved Brussels sprouts/shallot saute, and rolls.

o

Thanks ya'll. Now which one to use!

Roasted asparagus, I was thinking about that.

o

Rinse pork, pat dry.
Remove remaining silver skin, if any
Rub with olive oil
Sprinkle all over with garlic powder and lemon&pepper
Brown in skillet on all sides
Place on rack in roasting pan
Bake at 350 f until desired doneness

Sides: asparagus, roasted root vegetables, sautéed kale...many possibilities!

o

sides?

I serve roasted yams, with a little cinnamon sprinkled on them, applesauce and green beans - steamed, then tossed (in a wok) in an herb and grape seed oil basting oil.

o

I usually marinate it cuban-style-ish. Onion, garlic, oregano, orange juice, lemon juice, and lime juice. Salt and pepper liberally. I sometimes add powdered tomato/chicken bouillion in place of some of the salt. I use equal amounts of lemon and orange, and about half that of lime.

Marinate it over night, then you can cook it however you want. I have grilled, broiled, sliced into medallions and sauteed, baked, roasted, you name it LOL! It always comes out moist and tender.

I know you can cook pork less nowadays, but I don't like the taste of pink pork. It tastes too much like blood to me, and pig blood is strong.

Just made this two days ago, with seasoned roasted parisienne cut potatoes and baby spinach tossed with lemon juice as sides. Would have been awesome with rice and green beans though.

Dances.

o

I posted this long time recipe of mine on the Rubs and Marinades posting a week or so ago.

Cuban Pork Tenderloin

1 Pork Tenderloin
2 Tbsp Cuban Spice Rub (see below)
1 Tbsp oil

Preheat oven to 425 deg F
Trim fat and silver membrane from tenderloin, and pat dry with paper towel.
Rub spice mixture evenly all over the tenderloin.
Preheat oil in large pan over high heat.
Lightly sear tenderloin on all sides.
Remove tenderloin from pan, place in baking pan, place in oven for 15 minutes.

When tenderloin reaches 140 deg F remove it from oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes, during which time the temperature should rise to 145 to 150 deg F.

Slice 1/4" - 3/8" thick and serve with Madeira-Apricot sauce on the side (see below)

Cuban Spice Rub:
1 paprika
2 ground red pepper
2 cumin
3 onion powder
3 garlic powder
2 black pepper
1 oregano (dried)
1 basil (dried)
2 parsley (dried)

Madeira-Apricot sauce

Ingredients:
1 jar Polaner All-Fruit Apricot preserves
4 oz apple sauce
1/2 cup medium-dry Madeira
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 tbsp butter

Cook onions in butter until they are translucent, then add the Madiera, the apricot preserves, and the apple sauce and heat it until it is thoroughly bubbling. Pour into bowl and allow to cool to room temp.
Note: For the apple sauce I often buy a package of single serving apple sauce cups (look for the ones with no added sugar) and use one of the cups to make the sauce. This avoids the problem I usually have where an opened jar of applesauce gets moldy before I use it all.

o

I made the above pork tenderloin last night when we had familly visiting, including the spice rub and the Madeira-Apricot sauce.

The side dishes the I made were a broccoli-cauliflower au gratin with the cheese sauce thickened with corn starch rather than flour (for allergy reasons for one of the guests) and a Fiery Sweet Potato recipe that I got from jadite (IIRC) over in the cooking forum, and a simple greens salad with a mix of ginger-miso dressing and home-made vinaigrette.

The meal was a big hit and it received rave reviews.

o

Glenda, I'm home and here is my pork tendeloin recipe:

Pork Tenderloin

1/4 C soy sauce
1/4 C bourbon
2 T. brown sugar

Mix together in plastic zip-lock bag and add 1 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin. Seal and refrigerate. Marinate several hours. Remove from marinade and bake 325 45 minutes (160 - 170 on meat thermometer). Serve with mustard sauce

Mustard Sauce:

2/3 C sour cream
2/3 C. mayo
2 T. dry mustard
3-4 green onions, finely chopped

Side dishes, roasted apparatus would be nice or a stuffed tomato (your tomato pie might be nice with this, too.) any kind of potato. I'm sure whatever you decide, it will be delicious!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here