Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pigeon Forge fire

Posted by terilyn (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 12:00

There is a huge fire in Pigeon Forge,Tn. Started yesterday, dozens of cabins have been destroyed, hundreds of acres. Prayers to the firefighters.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pigeon Forge fire

I've been there and it hurts to think of them burning. God bless the firefighters.

o

We love Pigeon Forge. I hope the fire can be contained.

o

Awful. I saw yesterday that Myrtle Beach had a bad fire.

o

We were seriously considering going there this weekend for the week. Now I'm not so sure.

o

I hate that there is such a devestating fire. Firefighters lives at stake and property destroyed.

A friend and I were talking about the fire today. The developers have destroyed a lot of what E. Tennesse had to offer.... beautiful mountain scenery where they have denuded the area of beautiful forests and replaced it with cracker box cabins, crammed so close together that you can almost reach your hand out the window and touch your neighbor's. It's all about the dollar, but what they have destroyed can never be replaced.

Enough ranting from a native East Tennessean.

jude

o

We spent about a week in the area years ago--truly beautiful and people so nice. Great craft show in a two story barn with all local homemade stuff. I was limited on space (and a hubby). Sorry to hear about the fire.

o

I live about 60 miles from there and there was lots of news coverage here since Sat. afternoon. I think the latest number of cabins lost was 59, with 6 more damaged and nearly 200 acres burned.

Like Jude, I can't believe how those rentals were so crowded! I could have never enjoyed vacationing there packed in so tightly. And to become aware of how much of the land has been sacrificed to build them.

o

Dollywood!

I know that's a big tourist attraction and jobs provider. Hope that stay's safe.

What started the fire, has that been figured out?

o

I guess the Smoky Mountains are just that right now. Sure do love that area. I hope no one is injured and that businesses can get back to work soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here