Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Asking for your prayers

Posted by jude31 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 7:54

Asking for your prayers for my precious DIL, Anna. She had 2 breast cancer surgeries, several years apart, 25+ years ago. Unfortunately the cancer is back. She has an appointment with a surgeon on Monday and we will know more after that visit.

Please keep her in your prayers.

Thank you.

jude

This post was edited by jude31 on Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 8:09

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asking for your prayers

I will remember Anna and the family in my special thoughts and prayers.

o

You got it. I hope Anna gets good news at her appt. What a horrible disease cancer is.

o

Good wishes coming your and Anna's way Jude!!!

Would that be the mom of your gorgeous grand-daughter who got married last summer?

o

I will say a prayer - please keep us posted.

o

Thank you all! I am a firm believer in prayer and the miracles that can happen. It goes without saying that we are hoping for one.

Jas, the GD belongs to my oldest DD and Anna is married to our only son, Richard. She has been through a lot. Ten years ago they lost their only son to an automobile accident just before his 21st birthday. They also have 1 daughter, Leslie.

o

I will definitely pray for Anna, and for the rest of your family also.

Shirley

o

Sending good thoughts and prayers for Anna. Please let us know the results of her doctor's visit.

o

Mighty special thoughts for Anna!

o

Sending good thought to you and Anna, Jude.

o

I am so sorry to hear this. I am sending prayers to all of you. I have gone through the breast cancer thing and it is scarey. Please keep us informed with her progress. We, here at the KT, really do care.

o

Sending Anna special thoughts. Hoping they caught this early and that she will continue to do well.

o

I'm joining the others in sending good, caring thoughts to Anna, and to the whole family.

o

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way

o

Adding my prayers for Anna and family.I too believe in prayers and miracles and especially happy with the outcomes from our Prayer Warriors at the KT.

o

Prayers for Anna and the whole family, and prayers that the docs are able to help her and are very capable and smart. I've survived breast cancer--let us know the news when you get it.

o

I too, have survived breast cancer and Anna has...twice...that's what's so scary. there's nothing left.

Again, thank you all.

jude

o

Sending prayers.

o

I'll be praying along with the others. God bless all or you.

o

I believe in the power of prayer, too. And your Anna and all of you have mine. I'm just sorry she has to go through this again after so long.

o

It just makes me so angry that anyone has to go through this. Best wishes and prayers coming your way for Anna and the family. Please keep us posted on her progress.

o

Sending good thoughts

o

Sending prayers for Anna and her beating breast cancer ...Having had it 25 years ago means that this is probably a new breast cancer and not metastasized breast cancer....that's the good news......So much has happened in the field in the last 25 years that perhaps she will manage to beat it as so many of us have........(((Anna)))

o

Sending good thoughts and hopes for a good report.

And offering some prayers on her behalf, and for her loved ones, as well.

May God grant you peace in all of your hearts, through it all.

ole joyful

o

I am sending prayers and good wishes to your DIL and your whole family. Devastating circumstances affect everybody; may God encircle all of you with His love and compassion.

o

I am praying for Anna and family .Had breast cancer in 84 at age 35, then again in 96 and again in 2011. No I don't have three breast, first was a lumpectomy. Doing fine now. no breast tissue left. So much Dr.s can do now. Lots of hope.

o

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Ditto what Ruth said. Prayers on the way.

o

Don't have a lot of news but....what I have is encouraging
The surgeon is the same one I had in 2007 at age 75,. Mine was stage 1, insitu and only needed a lumpectomy. I preferred a double mastectomy because personally everone I knew had to go again and again and I just wanted it gone,

He told Anna and her family that this was a cell that had been "sleeping" lo this last 27 years and had reared it's ugly head. She's having a PET scan Wed, morning at 7:30 and the results will determine the next move. If and that's a big IF, it has not spread she will have a football shaped incision the size of a lemon. Friends, I love lemons!

I still covet your prayers.

jude.

o

There's been a change. Insurance didn't move quite soon enough (Pet Scan) and everything is delayed until next week.

Thanks again for your support.

jude

o

That's horrible that the insurance companies hold up care Jude! btw - I love lemons too! ;)

o

bet things have changed so much since her last bout...prayers !

o

(((((Anna and family)))))

ole joyful

o

An update, finally, on Anna's testing. Insurance company (I suppose) decided to do a CT Scan which is scheduled for 7:30 this morning (Monday). It will be read by the oncologist on Wednesday. We appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.

jude

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here