SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

I'll Share my Recipes if you Share Yours-Thurs Mar. 4

Jasdip
14 years ago

This recipe looks amazing (which is why I asked for homemade enchilada sauce earlier). I love Tyler.

Chicken Enchiladas (Tyler Florence)

3 tbsp vegetable oil

1 1/2 lb chicken breasts

salt and pepper

2 tsp cumin

2 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp Mexican Spice (jarred or make your own. I found a recipe to make my own, as I've never seen it here)

1 red onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 cup frozen corn, thawed

5 canned whole green chilies, seeded and coarsely chopped

4 canned chipotle chilies, seeded and minced

1 can stewed tomatoes

1/2 tsp flour

16 tortillas

1 1/2 cup canned enchilada sauce

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Coat large skillet with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken over medium heat, 7 minutes per side, until no longer pink. Sprinkle chicken with cumin, garlic powder and Mexican spices before turning. Remove chicken to platter, allow to cool.

Saute onion and garlic in chicken drippings until tender. Add corn and chilies. Stir well to combine. Add tomatoes, saute 1 minute.

Pull chicken breasts into shredded strips. Add strips to skillet, combine with sauce. Dust the mixture with the flour to help set.

Microwave tortillas to soften. Coat 9x13" pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce. pour more enchilada sauce in a large shallow bowl. Dip each tortilla in sauce to lightly coat.

Spoon 1/4 cup chicken on each chicken. Fold over filling, place 8 enchiladas in each pan. Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake 15 minutes, 350 degrees until cheese melts. Garnish with scallions, sour cream and chopped tomatoes.

Comments (6)