Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
? about the Shortyz crossword puzzle app

Posted by pammyfay (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 2:35

I just loaded it onto my Nexus 7.

I don't get 2 things: How does it tell you if you've put in a wrong letter? I tried doing that on purpose to see if it'd change color or flash a msg -- nothing.

Also, when I finished the puzzle, nothing happened -- it didn't say "puzzle completed" or any other msg, or flip to the next puzzle.

(Granted, it took me a few minutes to figure out that the clues were on swipe horizontal tracks.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ? about the Shortyz crossword puzzle app

Pammyfay: Congrats on choosing the Nexus - I'm so very happy with mine and am pleased for others that chose it.

When doing a Shortyz crossword, you have the option of having the app show or not show when you have entered a wrong word/letter.

To receive a warning on a wrong letter input, have a crossword puzzle on your screen, Tap on the 3 stacked dots in the upper right of the screen. The first option on the menu that opens is "Show Errors". Tap that and whenever you input an incorrect letter, it will show up in red. To turn off the option, tap the 3 stacked dots and the first option on the menu will be "Hide Errors".

The reason you're not getting a message indicating your success at completing a puzzle is because you have an incorrect answer(s) somewhere.

In this instance, you can also use the "Show Errors" option AFTER you've completed a puzzle. The incorrect letter(s) will be in red. When you correct the final red letter, the "success" message will appear."

o
RE: ? about the Shortyz crossword puzzle app

Aha!
Thanks, June!
I didn't realize the 3 dots were part of the puzzle options.
I opened a fresh puzzle, clicked on 'show errors' and now I see what it'll do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here