SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alice_sj

What would you do?

Alice_sj
10 years ago

I've got an extra ticket to a museum and a special event at the museum. I verbally asked a friend if she'd like to go. I got email confirmation that she'd go after I specifically wrote that I would give the tickets to someone else if she did not or could not go. Then, speaking to her again, she asked to use the museum entrance ticket, but not the special event ticket. I was so dumbfounded (and too much a "yes" person, I am working on that) that I said "fine."

Well, I have another friend who would like to go to the special event, which requires an entrance to the museum ticket.

I feel the first friend is being selfish and rude by wanting free admission and to let the special event ticket go to waste. However, I did offer and have made a situation that I now have to remedy somehow.

I find that the first friend is very immature, and I am tiring of the attitude. However, I don't want to not be friends. I think we're just better friends who have lunch and chat than friends who go to special museum events.

At this point, what would you suggest I do? (And I am working on not being a "yes" person.)

Comments (22)