Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for this style furniture

Posted by minnie_tx (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 0:42

I dont know what to call it when searching I have this but want to get another and dont know where to look
any suggestions ??

Here is a link that might be useful: 2 seater

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for this style furniture

Try the "Antiques & Collectibles" forum at this web site.

o

In the 60's it was called Early American locally, don't really know why :) HTH

Here is a link that might be useful: google image

o

Thank you so much

o

zipper is right, looks like "Early American". It was all the rage, we had some at home when I was a teenager. The sofa ended up in a cabin Dad and Mom owned in another county. It was still in use until five years ago! my brother inherited the cabin many years ago and his wife finally bought new furniture like I said probably five or so years ago.

o

Early American Loveseat

ML

o

Do you want a second in the same style or do you mean that the cushions need replacing/recovering? (They look fine to me, but I'm not sitting on them.)

It's what was sold as "Early American" years ago. I've seen ads for Amish companies who make furniture like this -- and 'to order'.

o

it's either rock or "turned" solid maple...my guess though with the spindles and only 4 legs it was a piece that might not have taken a lot ot wear....

o
RE: looking for this style furniture 2

found these "benches"...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://greatwindsorchairs.com/benches.htm

o

Do you want a second in the same style or do you mean that the cushions need replacing/recovering? (They look fine to me, but I'm not sitting on them.)

actually I love curling up on it to take a nap but it is too short for me to stretch out. I want to try and get a three seater. I know I saw one at an estate sale a few years ago. Thanks everyone you've been a big help

o

It's comfortable? My Mom and Dad had one of these in the sofa size, that was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever sat on...most likely why they don't make them anymore. I'm sure there are some somewhere but finding it would be hard. I'd search used furniture stores and be sure and talk to the manager/owner because if they go to auctions they could be on the look out for you!

o

Looks kind of like Tell City hard rock maple. My dining room furniture is Tell City hard rock maple and I'm having a devil of a time finding stuff to match cause they don't make it any more. I bought my set more than 30 years ago and it's still in great shape. They built it to last.

I finally got a teacart to match from Craig's list last summer, from some fella who was selling his grandma's furniture.

Tell City is a town in Indiana and you can find some pieces there at their old warehouse. Ebay "Tell City" and you will get several hits. There's a place in Nebraska that carries a lot of Tell City but they're daggone pricey.

o

Check the stores that sell Amish furniture--they might have something like it.

o

I googled "double chair style settee" and clicked images.

Found lots that look very similar.

Here is a link that might be useful: google search

o

Yep, it was called Early American. I remember it well. My friend who has a shop has one (vintage) in her shop right now. It's a shame you live so far from here (near Galveston), she would probably give it to you for little or nothing.

o

my gosh sal never saw so many before !!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here