Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorating a woman's Bra!

Posted by williamsburgjane (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 13, 10 at 0:09

I posted this on crafts, but I know there are a lot of crafty people on here too. My daughter has to decorate a woman's bra for a relay for life contest. All decorated bras will be put on a website and everyone will get to vote for the one they like best with a small donation (I think). Anyway, we have both come up with a blank mind! Anybody got any ideas? We sure would appreciate some, thanks. Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorating a woman's Bra!

Jane, go to Wal Mart and get one of those outrageous colored padded bras and then go to the artificial flower department and get some bright colored silk flowers and then take the flowers off the stems and sew them all over the bra. You could do one with fringe all around the edges and straps and then put sequins on the cups. It is all about funny and the crazier the better I think. Just let your mind go.

o

Find the pink (cancer) ribbons in the craft dept. (like embroidery) and sew them all over the bra with maybe a bigger one in the middle.

o

If you Google the words decorate bra cancer in images all sorts of ideas done in the past for these events will come up.

Here's a link to a slideshow of four photos that one group of ladies did.

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorated Bras

o

Check out this link. Lots of good ideas. I really like the one with "The faces of breast cancer" It has womens faces all over it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bras for a cause

o

That is the greatest and funniest idea I ever saw for a relay for life event! I'm from Ohio and didn't even hear about this. Got a real kick out of the bra with "Wayne and His Fox(y)Ladies" aka Fox 8 News Team on mush's site. hahhahaha

o

I can't wait to see if Joyful has any suggestions. ;-)

o

Back in Belly dancing days we would buy large sequins and sew them on they looked good I agree start with one of the wild color bras

o

Try this, go to google images and type in decorated bras, you will find lots there

Here is a link that might be useful: bras

o

use fabric stiffener, or paint them with gesso, or latex or acrylic primer. Then paint it.. or use it as a planter! I know the Hospital relay for life team sells daffodils as a fund raiser, so I would plant daffodils. Or use it as a candy holder! LOL I'm trying to think of a snappy name to use with the planter idea.

make it in to fish.... go to good will and get a real biggy! LOL get a couple to play with.

o

Alisande....you crack me up!!
I really don't have any tips on decorating....but a huge hug to your daughter for being involved with the relay for life.

Trin

o

Thank you ladies for all your wonderful ideas and websites. We had no idea how we were going to decorate a bra until we received all of your ideas and photos. The KT always to come thru! :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here