Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi from on the road...

Posted by katlan (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 23:58

We are on our maiden voyage in our Rialta RV. Left PA last Sat. and drove to Md. Stayed over at my sisters, went into Balt. to have lunch with our daughter then headed "south". Spent 2 nights in VA (that state takes forever to get through, haha) 2 nights in North Carolina, one night in South Carolina and arrived at my brothers house in GA this afternoon.

I have so much catching up to do on here coz I just couldn't seem to get connected to wifi anywhere, even when it was advertised for free. Soooooo, I will definitely be getting a smart phone or a tablet with internet on it before our next trip.

Definitely a learning experience for what to pack and not to pack. What we REALLY need and REALLY don't need, but so far so good.

Just wanted to check in. The major snow storm hitting the northeast was a major rain event in South Carolina yesterday, we drove all day in it.

Hope everyone getting snow is safe and warm.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi from on the road...

Keep on having a good trip.

o

Definitely not fun driving in a rain storm but I'd take it over a blizzard any day. That's a lot of driving you've done. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

o

What fun, a road trip! And playing catchup with family!

Ga should be a lot better than NC but rain is coming.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

o

Do you have an itinerary? We can 'travel' with you!

o

Glad you are having fun. Where is your final destination? We are heading out on March 15 headed to Florida and then up to New England going to take our time seeing the sights.

o

I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!

Nita, are you coming in to Panama City during this trip? If so, let me know - we can get together!!!

o

think i could stand some rain instead of snow, lol...even my cat is getting cabin fever!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here