Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Went Shopping Today

Posted by samkaren (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 23:44

I decided it was high time I had a "me" day so this morning I went to Goodwill for their $1.23 sale. I bought myself 5 new skirts and 7 tops. Also bought a few misc things I needed. I spent a total of $22 and I thought I got a great deal. Came home and tried on everything and I just felt good about myself.

Took a nice long nap....made dinner...had a piece of chocolate and made myself a wine spritzer.

It was nice just doing whatever I wanted to do today.

SamKaren
Your resident DJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Went Shopping Today

Good for you! And what bargains you found!

o

Great bargains. You deserve to treat yourself!

o

Sounds like a great day!

o

Sounds like a PERFECT DAY! Hope you have lots more of them! :)

o

Sounds like a fun and rewarding day.....may you have many more.

o

Wonderful. I love going to thrift shops. It really lifts your spirits to find something fun for practically no money. Happy, happy, happy.

o

H0pe it's just the first "feel g00d ab0ut me day"! 0f many m0re ahead!

o

Fantastic!

The ARC here had a .99cent sale on sweaters and long sleeved shirts. I got a Ralph Lauren knit shirt and DH got one by Banana Republic....a little white bear holding a BIG valentine for .50cents! I had a great shopping day too!

Finding deals makes me feel like I've accomplished something....weird huh? :0)

o

What a fun time. I like those kind of lazy meandering me days and get so few of them. Good for you for deciding you needed one and then taking it.

o

I'm happy that you are having fun and taking care of yourself. You deserve it!

o

Thanks everyone. It did make me feel good. Not that I needed the extra clothes but at least something new lifted my spirits.

Last week I went to Walmart for groceries and saw the bedspread that DH and I had. I decided to buy one because it is lightweight but warm....got a different color though. Bought matching pillowcases as well. Then I went to Joann Fabrics and bought yarn. I am knitting a new afghan for me bed.

Sometimes it just the little things that will perk me up.

SamKaren
your resident DJ

o

When my ex and I first split up I went out and bought a frilly, white lacy duvet and shams for the bed, as feminine as I could find. To be honest I got sick of them pretty quickly because I am not a frilly, lacy kind of person, but my bed and I needed a fresh start! You're right -- it's the little things.

o

wore one of my new outfits today and boy did I feel good!!!!

o

Sam, aren't all the "new things" in life just great? :)

I love them. Loved hearing about your bargains. I haven't seen any that low... but do shop at goodwill for most of my clothes.

It's just a great place... with clothing that is pre washed, pre shrunk, and usually the colors no longer run. :)

Moni

o

I like your choices and how you're enjoying the simple things...keep it up!! And good for you!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here