SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

Feeling that loss

User
10 years ago

On Saturday morning, we got *that* dreaded phone call: my husbands cousin died in her sleep. She was only 52. I've known her longer than I have known my husband. We were like two peas in a pod in our late teens to early twenties. Then she introduced me to her cousin and you know how that goes.... All of the sudden the best friend becomes just a friend and the new boyfriend becomes the best friend and your lives go in different directions. Her ex boyfriend, and father of two of her kids is an old friend of mine. We went to school together for 8 years, as did her brother in law. It was odd that the three of us married into the same family.

I've been having a hard time. The last time I sort of talked to her was during the ice storm in Ontario in December. I checked in on her in a private message on Facebook to make sure she had power and was doing okay. She often commented on pictures of my grandson, who, by the way, is the cutest baby ever! :) I'm glad she got to at least see pictures of him. I had asked her if she planned on moving back to Calgary because all of her family is here, including her kids and grandkids. I think they were planning on coming back, just wasn't sure when.

The morning of her death, I posted a video (see link below). When my son died in July, two people posted it and it took me two days to listen to it. I'm sure you must have all heard the song at least once. I ended up buying it from their website and it's in my iTunes folder now.

I hope she's dancing in the sky now. Last night as I laid in my bed I was thinking about her dancing with her father who passed away almost 20 years ago. Then I wondered if she found my son and if she danced with him too. Then I lost it. I have never danced with my son as he was disabled. And for a brief moment I was jealous *if* there is a heaven and *if* she found him and *if* they danced. Yes, jealous. That she could do that, and I still can't.

Silly, isn't it? Don't mind me. And don't comment if you don't want to. I just needed a place to let this out. The song is beautiful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dancing In The Sky (youtube)

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville