SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

Backing up my backup

User
10 years ago

Holy Hanna, it's taking forever! I put all of my pictures on an external hard drive. Partly because if my laptop craps out, I'll still have my pictures. I've had a 2T hard drive for a few years now and it's 3/4 full. Not just pictures, but .pdf booklets, documents, etc.. Today I picked up a 1T hard drive and I've been copying my pictures to it from the 2T one. I want to keep that one in my locker at work. I figure if the 2T one craps out, I'll still have the 1T one. And if the house burns down, I'll still have my pictures. Obsessed? Crazy? I dunno........ I just know that my first few cameras (a 4mp and an 8mp) took smaller pictures and the first few years copied quickly. Then I went bigger and started shooting .raw. A few folders have taken over an hour to copy. Then I got a new camera that takes larger pictures and when I saw how big the folders are for 2011, 12 and 13, I figure I'll be spending the weekend moving just those three. I've even cleaned out a lot of pictures. You know the ones. We all have them. "What was I thinking?" pictures.... I still have a lot of video to go through.

So, do you back up your back up?

Comment (1)