o
Downton Abbey

Posted by moonie_57 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 22:36

WWHHYYYYYY???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Downton Abbey

Noooooooo!! Just when it seemed like things might be going well. This can't be.

o

I am really not happy. It was obvious for those few seconds what was coming but I was hoping to be wrong.

o

I read somewhere, that he wasn't yet signed for next season. Guess we know why, now.

o

This might be a spoiler alert---

. .
. .
. .
. .
. .

It happened because the show is losing a cast member.

o

Yes, I heard he was leaving but I thought maybe he'd go to America to make a fortune in business next season. Sniffle.

Looks like Rose is coming to DA to stir things up.

o

mare - wish I had known that and then it wouldn't have been such a shock.

maire_cate - I guess you aren't being a smarty but that I am being touchy?

o

Glad I watched Revenge!

o

Sorry! I'm better now. LOL

o

Well that was a roller coaster ride, whew!!!!! I guess it's a done deal now and Maggie won't be back alas!!!!

o

What? I thought I heard her say on 60 minutes that she was definitely filming season 4 right now.

o

When he originally signed the contract to be in the show, he said he would not do more than 3 seasons. I understand Sybil also wanted out.

Babies, and 3 marriageable people who are now without SOs. Edith is going to lead a scandalous life, it seems.

o

Moonie - I'm pretty sure you're correct - she did say on 60 Minutes that she's back for season 4 - which they're filming now. I wasn't trying to be smart - I was just worried about saying too much in case others hadn't watched the episode yet. Glad you're OK too.

o

I am sad he died..I loved his character. I wonder who will be introduced to sort of take his place? Rose as a young pretty unmarried girl will fill the spot Sybil used to play. I also noticed they sort of made Thomas a redeemed character instead of a villian. I wonder if that will continue in season 4?
Joann

o

It was too predictable. It annoyed me because otherwise the writing is so great.

o

Habitual lurker popping in... I read an article about a month or so ago that stated that Dan Stevens, the actor who plays Matthew, wanted off the show. So it would appear the writers had very little choice in the matter. :S

So disappointing, because Matthew was the only person who could make Lady Mary particularly likeable! Wonder what Season 4 will bring.

o

Dan Stevens wanted to end his contract and went to NYC to appear in a play "The Heiress" which closed in 4 months. I guess he did not want to be typed cast....Who knows why he left. But I agree with Knitforbrains above the writers had very little choice. I still like Downtown Abbey. As a matter of fact I think next season will be very interesting....on with the show. I love the actors, writers, production and the castle.

o

Neither Matthew nor Sybil wanted to sign a contract extension... he's currently on Broadway! Fellowes tried to get him to come back for a few episodes next year..

o

They could have put him in a coma or some such thing where they could bring him back if they wanted to. Death is so final. Maggie said they would never kill her off, they would send her to the seaside. If they could do it for her character, they could have done it for Matthew, too.

o

The problem is, he wanted to leave and didn't want to come back whether they wanted him to or not. So they had to make it clear that wasn't going to happen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here