SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petra_gw

Favorite little-known movies or TV shows?

petra_gw
11 years ago

What are some hidden gems you love, but that are not widely known? For starters:

My afternoons with Margueritte - charming French movie with Gerard Depardieu, I wish it had been longer

Copper - Very gritty series set in 1880's NYC, revolves around corrupt Irish police. Probably not for everyone, lots of violence and other things some might object to

Butter - Funny movie about competitive butter sculpting. With Jennifer Garner and Hugh Jackman.

Sleepless Night - French movie about a police drug heist gone wrong. Starts out very suspenseful and never slows down.

The Big Year - about competitive bird watchers. Cute movie with Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson

Zombieland - Woody Harrelson, very funny Zombie movie

Whitechapel - BBC show about a contemporary Jack the Ripper imitator. Great characters, especially the Riperologist.

Jonathan Creek - British series about an illusionist turned sleuth.

Imprint - Native American Ghost story

Dance me Outside - set on an Indian reservation in Ontario. Really good and entertaining movie with romance, murder, and lots of other stuff.

Smoke Signals - Another fantastic Native American movie, sort of a coming-of-age story.

Christmas in the Clouds - Mistaken identity, romance and Graham Greene as a vegan chef. I recommended it to several friends and they all loved it. Just a really cute movie.

Dinner Rush - Danny Aiello, Soprano-esque movie about a restaurant. Lots of humor and suspense too.

The Maiden Heist - 2 security guards plot to steal their favorite pieces of art to prevent them from being shipped overseas. Christopher Walken, Morgan Freeman, William H. Macy, Marcia Gay Harden

Comments (36)