Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here I go again... darn AT&T modem isn't working

Posted by OklaMoni (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 20:21

and I spent "only" 1 hour and 15 minutes on the phone this time.....

I hope to be back sooner than last time... meanwhile, I am at the local library.

Moni

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here I go again... darn AT&T modem isn't working

It sounded that you've posted the problem here before. If so, I missed it. Can you explain what's the problem? How do you have the DSL model set up?

In the past, I found AT&T tech support not being very helpful. Fortunately, I know someone more technical and he helped me to solve the problems. Maybe, I can help you out.

o

Is your unit a gateway? I have an ATT device connected to a phone line to get DSL and ATT called my unit a gateway. Its a combination modem and wireless router. My unit has been working well for 2.5 years, but I do know they can go bad. One failed for a friend of mine and the repair was simple: plug in a new gateway and do a setup.

o

Are you talking wireless? When we signed up for AT&T's U-verse for wireless, they gave us a 2Wire modem. In the space of a month and a half, we got 5 replacements because they kept going out. The last time it happened, the person on the phone told us about their new "black box" and said to tell the tech when he got there that that was what we wanted. Of course, he tried to push the 2Wire again (they've got to get rid of them, right?), but DH said, "No, I want the black box). Tech installed it and we have had no trouble since (knock on wood). It's been a couple of months now, and I'm hoping problem solved.

o

Yes, I am talking wireless.

Donna, I had a two wire, that worked GREAT for about 2 years for my daughter, and she upgraded, and I used hers. It died early this year.

They gave me a "black box". I " installed " it on the 24th of last month.

Worked GREAT, till yesterday afternoon. In fact, I was online yesterday morning, with no problem, but could not connect yesterday afternoon.

Since I can connect here at the library, I am guessing, I was right when I reported my modem not working...

Hopefully a replacement shows up on my front porch soon. Meanwhile, I stopped at the library on my way home from a bike ride with Mel (22 miles).

Now, home, dinner, and I guess a bit of TV.

Later

Moni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here