SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti43

What do you think about this?

patti43
10 years ago

I need your honest opinions. My family, mainly my daughter, really want me to move back to Pinellas County. At first I was totally against the idea, but it has been growing on me. I would be closer to my daughter plus three sisters. There are many pros and cons.

First, the traffic down there is horrendous.Taxes are much higherWon't get as much bang for my buck spacewise down there but I've been shopping on-line and there are deals to be found. I'd have to find all new doctors which may or may not be a bad thing.

Property values in 55+ communities have gone way down in Ocala and I can't afford to just give this place away. I will make some minor improvements and pray someone will love it at my asking price.

I would be closer to family and that makes up for a lot of things. I would love to be able to see my grandson and daughter regularly and my dear sister, Diana. I also have another full-time sister who lives there and another sister who spends winters. We had such a great time planning and preparing holiday meals when we lived down there. Plus lunches and shopping. I do miss them.

I really don't have any ties here. I have great neighbors and I love my villa. I've lived here 6 years and it "fits" nicely. I'm really torn. What do you think? Ask questions if you want but I surely could use some help!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths