SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkaren_gw

Wind Damage and little sleep

samkaren
11 years ago

So last night I went to bed at 10:00 hoping for a good nights sleep. Couldn't get comfortable and was still awake at 11:30. Finally dozed off at midnight and woke up at 1:00 with a hot flash. Dozed back off and at 2:30 I heard a loud crash....thought a tree fell or something. Jolted me out of bed and was looking around for what it was. Well...the wind caught my storm door and pulled it right off the hinges. I opened my front door and it was hanging & blowing back & forth. Took me half hour to wedge it back into the frame but when I went back to bed I kept thinking it will blow off again. Luckily it didn't and I dozed off again. Only got about 3 hours of sleep in total.

Called my landlord at 6:15 and told her what happened. She said her husband couldn't come over until tomorrow to look at it. So I told her I would do my best to wedge it back it in (of the 4 hinges 3 pulled out of the wood frame.). When I got home from work I saw that he did come by and took the door off and replaced the wood around the frame.

Glad they are able to take care of it right away

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio