Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's f0r dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 19:02

My letter "0" died this m0rning! I'm really late t0night. Had a ph0ne call fr0m an 0ld friend, Sylvia and we talked f0r several h0urs. It'd been a l0ng time since we'd talked, s0 we had l0ts 0f catching up t0 d0.

Dinner is g0ing t be chicken and dressing and c0rn casser0le.

What are y0u having f0r dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's f0r dinner Saturday?

I thought maybe you over napped. LOL We had white chile and wheat rolls. Better known in this house as Mexican soup. I needed a break from my stir fry.

o

comfort food lol, tuna rice cassarole...gave the cat the juice off the tuna so she was happy, too!

o

OOOOOOhh, Johnny Ray's for their lunch special: chopped smoked pork, no sauce, extra pickles, baked beans, potato salad and Texas toast.

o

Chicken-vegetable soup, of the home-made variety. Soooo good on this drizzly day!

o

susanjf: I never heard of tuna rice casserole. Care to share how you make it?

hounds: What all vegetables do you put in your soup?

I made chicken noodle soup today, and also baked some tilapia. So that's what I had for my evening meal.

Shirley

o

I made a shaved Brussels sprouts and shallots saute and added it to linguine with mascarpone melted in to make a sauce. There's plenty of the saute left to have it as a side dish tomorrow.

o

trip out to the city today-so,it was KFC-yummo

o

I used up some roast beef and made chili with it and added some beans.

o

I had some chicken-vegetable soup made by a friend, along with crunchy cornbread hot from the oven.

Just doesn't get much better!

o

Little Finn was here for dinner while his parents went out to eat to celebrate his mom's birthday. I saw a recipe in my new issue of WW magazine and had to make it. It was a tasty version of mac and cheese made with multi grain macaroni, grated cheddar, low fat cream cheese, pecorino romano cheese, chopped broccoli, garlic, etc. It is cooked in the broiler. Finn liked it and so did I.

o

This evening our church had the catered Valentine's supper with entertainment afterward. Supper was, pot roast with gravy, chicken with gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, coleslaw, broccoli salad, rolls, pink fluffy stuff, carrot cake, cherry cobbler, some kind of white fluffy dessert with a crumb crust and cherries on top and iced tea, lemonade or coffee to drink. There were chocolate candies on the table. I gave mine to Alyssa to take home. A nice evening.

Sue

o

Gadgets-
Re: vegetables in soup
This time I used celery, carrots, onion, pureed Ro-Tel tomatoes, kale, leek and baby salad greens (spinach, chard, arugula).

o

I made some homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. It sure was good on a cold day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here