SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
satine_gw

Printer setup--difficult?

satine_gw
10 years ago

I bought a printer thinking my daughter would set it up for me but she is being a pill. She said I needed to try to do it myself first. Ok, the instructions are on a cd but I don't have a cd drive on my netbook so how the h am I supposed to do this. Now I don't even want her to do it. Is it hard to do?
Satine

Comments (7)

• OklaMoni
    10 years ago

You don't have a "real computer" at the house? How about google the instructions?

• Elmer J Fudd
    10 years ago

I know neither of you nor the situation between you, but sometimes people make suggestions like that as the best way to help your competence AND confidence. Maybe that's the case, maybe not.

Boot up your PC. Plug in the printer's power cord, then connect it to the PC (probably it's a USB connection?).

What happens?

• kayjones
    10 years ago

Satine, I know EXACTLY how you feel - frustrated. When I can't figure out something or someone tells me to 'just do it', I get so pissed I could scream!

Try to take a deep breath and, as someone else suggested, go to google and type in

'how to hook up a printer to a netbook' and see what you can find. Then tell your daughter to .........!

• satine_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, I just read my original post and realize I made my daughter sound nasty. Yes, Im upset that she doesn't just do it for me but I do know why. Snidely was right on that she is nudging me to try it myself. Kay was also right on-p ed! Im sure that if I can't figure it out she or one of my other daughters will help.
    Satine

• marie_ndcal
    10 years ago

Where did you buy the printer? If you are near a Staples, Best Buy etc, they might help you, but beware, you might have to pay for the service. Do you have a neighbor? teen friend? friend from church? These are all ideas.

• monica_pa Grieves
    10 years ago

Call the Help service for the printer brand company for Help in installing.
    They are patient, will stay on the phone with you and, in my experience...FREE .
    We have 2 Brother printers, and are very happy with their service.

Do NOT got to a retail store when you have free access to a person who works for the manufacturer.

• angelaid
    10 years ago

I'm not familiar with the Netbook. Set the printer up and plug it in to your device. What happens? You may get a message "new hardware found" and it starts downloading the software and drivers from the internet on its own.